My grilfriend and I spent three nights at the Amberley house while we were travelling on vacation. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.
- Location: The B&B was only about a 7-8 minute walk from the train station, and pretty close to the center of town. Its located in a more residential neighborhood, although many of the other houses in the row were also operating as a B&B.
- Facilities/Room: The Amberley house itself is probably a bit on the crampt side for some American tastes, but it's to be expected when travelling in historic England with centuries old buildings. There was a small dining area for breakfast. The kitchen was not accessable for guests. We stayed in a standard double room on the second floor. The room itself was quite clean. We had a small in room sink, tv, a/c, closet and comfortable bed. The only thing was that our tea kettle had some kind of green deposits built up in it which took a bit to clean out. We were next door to the shared bathroom but were never disrupted by anyone showering and never had to wait in line to use it. The bathroom itself was also clean and well kept.
- Food/Service: We were met by Ivona who was nice and talkative. We didn't realize they didn't accept credit card, but Ivona was accomodating and let us pay her a different day when we had the cash available. The breakfast itself was a typical full english breakfast. Since we were going to be leaving for a tour early one morning and miss breakfast, we were able to negotiate L10 off of the price of our stay.
- Overall: I think this was a nicely priced place to stay in a town that can potentially be very expensive. It suited our needs well as a travelling couple in our 20's. This is probably not the best place if you're looking for luxury and continual service from the staff, but it worked just fine for us as a cozy place to sleep and a nice warm meal to start the day.
- Also Known As:
- Amberley House Hotel Bath
- Amberley House b&b