“A Gem Just Outside the City Centre”
Review of GPT Smokehouse

GPT Smokehouse
Ranked #50 of 574 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bath, United Kingdom
“A Gem Just Outside the City Centre”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We booked for this through Table Pouncer, so got great value food, but would have happily paid full price. Having discovered the delights of Barbecue in the USA, I was keen to see if this place would match my experience. I wasn't disappointed as the food was as good as you could expect.

Portions are huge and therefore great value and although the ambience is a bit 'pubby' and could perhaps do with a woman's touch, this is a place we will go back to for sure. Good value wine list and range of beers too. Recommended.

• Visited May 2014

Bath, England, United Kingdom
“A great start to my birthday”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Thanks so much GPT for being so generous and welcoming when my family and friends came in for my birthday lunch. We all really enjoyed the food and thanks for the many freebies that helped start my birthday off fantastically. We will without a doubt be back to try more on the menu, and Sunday roast :). Thanks

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Looks are deceiving”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Walked out of town to eat here as the reviews had been good. Walked in and the décor was weird, felt like I was back a nursery, (the screaming kid jumping up and down on the sofa didn't help). We ordered a couple of drinks and discussed whether we should stay for food or leave. The ale was horrid that my husband had so ordered bottle beer thereafter which was warm. We decided to order a couple of dirty burgers, Very tasty with pulled BBQ pork on the top and crispy fries. Husband ate the lot but I couldn't eat all my, it was raw in the middle which Is probably the 'in thing' but I disguised the raw bits under my lettuce leaf and ate what I could. Wouldn't go back again. Oh, and for two drinks it was almost a tenner!!!

• Visited April 2014
Bristol, England
“Eaten here twice now and fab both times!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was looking for somewhere new to try in Bath and stumbled across this in a local magazine advert. I wanted somewhere for 6 of us to eat and booked a table the day beforehand.
The food was brilliant!! The dirty burger on my first trip was absolutely delicious and the second time i went for the Pit Master which was just awesome-you have to be hungry tho! The pulle dpork is just out of this world!
Great wine list, friendly attentive staff and cool, relaxed set up.

My only thing would be the lighting was a bit bright the first time, which affected the atmosphere a bit but this is obviously a minor thing for most!

• Visited April 2014
“Simply Brilliant!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

What an evening me and my partner had last night. The food, service, and price where all great.

I recommend both the rack of ribs, and the Bombay Burger, both astonishingly tasty. We can normally eat large portions with ease, but we had no room for deserts after these mains.

Add that to the friendly staff, all enjoying there jobs, plus a good laugh and chat with one of the managers as he sorted our bill, we will certainly be going again.

Wonderful meal out.