2,244 results
All reviews cloisters restaurant conservatory bar hand picked hotels handpicked hotels new wing the main house lovely hotel executive room afternoon tea coffee machine fresh milk in the fridge buffet style main restaurant city centre dvd player bath centre bus stop
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel has a real air of quality about it.

The spacious, tranquil room was in a newer wing of the hotel. The bed was fantastically comfortable.

The breakfast was superb. It was a buffet breakfast, but the food was very fresh.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Rajesh G, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel itself is well appointed and beautiful. The front of house and waiting staff were friendly and attentive. Reception staff could have been more informative as we were not advised that even though we had paid for an evening meal we were still required to sign to pay for it. Seemed a little strange to get it reimbursed at the end! Cloisters restaurant was very cold, wine was expensive and the service from the kitchen appallingly slow. We waited an hour for our main course.
On the second evening we ate in the bar area and again the Conservatory was very cold. I had fish and chips, very poor turnaround waited an hour again for a sub standard meal. Breakfast service was good food was fine what a shame it wasn’t reflected across the entire hotel.

Room tip: Basic room was very good

Good Evening,

I'm in receipt of your feedback and I would like to apologise to you for your experience at the hotel. I've made a note of your comments and will work on it with the teams to improve.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to put things right for you by visiting us again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked this gorgeous hotel mainly based on the reviews,what a let down.
Very basic room for the price,not located near anywhere as stated.
The breakfast restaurant was a total disaster the poor waiting staff were literally left with no direction which caused ridiculous queues even an argument amongst the guests,when eventually we got seated there was no cutlery no clean glasses and food was cold and awfull.
Again I dont blame the poor waiting staff but the management or lack of it for a total disaster,we stayed 2 nights and on both breakfast runs it was the same.
We will not stay here again as left having to go get external food

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I'm in receipt of your complaint and would like to apologise for your experience at the restaurant. Unfortunately we were let down by two members of staff on the day resulting in unexpected delays for various things on the day.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to fix this for you.

Please may I request a contact name/number or an email address I can write to to discuss this further.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in this beautiful place 15/09/2019 for 3 nights staff were great, shocking experience in the cloisters restaurant last night the service was shocking it started off good we were shown to our table at 8 o’clock we ordered pretty quickly, we didn’t want a starter we went straight for main course which I might add was amazing and delicious, the said meal was not delivered until 9.15 ok We suffered that we finished our meal and waited and waited until I got fed up and had to call someone over to get us coffees it was now 10.30 no desert/menu was forthcoming so we skipped it as it was far too late.
And this morning we went to breakfast what a fiasco.
We sat down we asked for both tea and coffee and I ordered toast, I then asked for a poached egg, however two poached eggs arrived on a plate without toast I sat for 25 minutes where by the eggs were cold still no toast or tea and coffee I asked 4 times where is the toast and 4 separate occasions the waitress said I’ll go and find out 3 oftnem I never saw again and the 4th person brought out my toast I’d ordered brown and I got white, and by the time the toast came out the eggs were stone cold

1  Thank Retiredpeople2
Rajesh G, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I'm really sorry about your experience at the Restaurant.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to put things right for you by visiting us in the near future.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Three nights, three different rooms and two poor meals. I will never visit this place again. This hotel may have been elegant once, but, no longer. During our stay we had to move rooms 3 times. Once the AC stopped working and the room had a horrible smell. Our meal in the bar took over one and one half hour before we were served. Their excuse, "the cooks were busy." Really? It takes one and a half hour to prepare a sandwich? The second meal, in the "Fine Dining" room took over two hours....and, when it came time for desert we decided to just walk out. The wait staff was so overwhelmed that no one was being taken care of properly. The breakfast area, where you basically wait on yourself was also chaotic. Horrible place.

Room tip: Choose another hotel

Dear Guest,

I'm really sorry to read that your stay was not to the usual high standards that we were hoping you would experience. Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls and service experience.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to put things right for you.