“Superb hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Isle of Sheppey, United Kingdom
“Superb hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

We were so glad we decided to stay at this hotel. From the moment we arrived we were impressed with the place from the well set out gardens and grounds to the grand stature of the hotel. The main entrance is very elegant with stone floors high ceilings complete with chandeliers. The staff were incredibly friendly and went that little be further to make your stay that little bit more special. The hotel had that nice homely feeling you get were all the staff seem truly happy to be working there were the vibe had a great relaxed feel to it but always totally professional. The rooms are lovely and clean as is the rest of the hotel. Breakfast is very good as is the restaurant.
I very much look forward to my next stay.

Rooms
1 Thank humpty258
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. It was so nice to read that you enjoyed your stay. I was also pleased with your kind words about the team; they have worked hard over our first summer of opening and I know they will be delighted to read your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jonathan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Finnish first
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

Booked for Anniversary weekend away my wife & I were made up with Hotel who even gave us a little Anniversary gift. Lovely Hotel & grounds with friendly & helpful Staff. Very spacious room with everything you could want, including most comfortable bed ever!! We dinned out during the evenings but the breakfast was first class. 30 mins (ish) stroll into the City, average Taxi fare was £8. All in all, really nice stay.

Rooms
3 Thank JRSwap
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your anniversary stay with us and that it will be one to remember. Thank you for your kind words about the team, they will be pleased to read your comments.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

My husband booked Bailbrook House for a surprise weekend away. I was blown away as we approached the property, so beautiful. The reception staff were very friendly and check in was easy. We had a room in the relatively modern building next to the main house and it was amazing, good size with large bed and chairs. I was very excited to find a coffee machine and made much use of that!
We enjoyed a drink on the patio of the bar area before going into town for dinner. Reception will arrange a taxi for you. We did walk in several times during our stay, about a half hour stroll I'd say but enjoyable as you get to see all the lovely architecture of Bath.
The breakfast was good, typical choice of continental or cooked. I had some very yummy scrambled eggs on toast.
We arrived at the same time as a very large hen party and a wedding was taking place so we were concerned about noise, we needn't have been, we didn't hear a thing!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Sparkybec
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for all your kind words. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your coffee machine; you can’t beat a fresh cup of coffee. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

This is a lovely hotel situated on the outskirts of Bath
I liked: A beautiful building with plenty of parking which I gather is rare for Bath hotels. All the staff were very good, polite and helpful. Room was a good size with some nice features including a subtle night light in the bathroom automatically activated for those awkward nocturnal visits. What a good idea. A great choice at the buffet breakfast.

I disliked: Not a lot really. Although main building is nice, the extension with the bedrooms looks a bit plain. Also, as with so many hotels, the bathroom fittings put more emphasis on appearance than function. Turning an unmarked chrome dial each way seemed to only give a choice of hot or very hot water. What's wrong with taps?

Overall, I would recommend the hotel

Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for saying you would recommend us. I am sorry that you found the shower valve hard to use.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights for a short break in the city. 1.5 miles from town but the number 13 bus at the end of the impressive drive goes to town. Standard room in the modern extension part of the hotel which was clean and had everything needed. Some slight discoloration of the tiles and silicon in the shower but otherwise fine. Complimentary milk missing on arrival but instantly rectified by reception who called a few minutes after arrival to check everything was satisfactory. Comfy beds. Good choice at breakfast including full English buffet, cereals and fruit or continental pastries, or freshly cooked pancakes, waffles, omelette or kippers. We didn't eat in the Cloisters restaurant for evening meals so cannot comment on this but the pub grub options in the conservatory bar looked to be well received. Reception staff were keen to help with directions to the local boat trip from Bathampton Mill to Pultney Bridge and by road to Lacock Village. We didn't get to enjoy the grounds due to the weather and it would benefit from having a spa as it has plenty of space , but a very nice hotel as a base for a city break.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jacs321
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased on the whole you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your note on a couple of housekeeping points I will discuss these with our Head Housekeeper and ensure that re training is carried out with the room attendants.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

Nice quiet location out if town. Lovely helpful cheerful staff. Old house with character. Room I stayed I comfortable well furnished, nice fabrics large bluffs towels etc. the room was very modern and in a new wing but very well appointed. Corridor a little noisy at night but guess that could happen anywhere
Overall excellent

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Vron O
Thank you for posting a review on tripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about the room. I am sorry that you were disturbed by guests returning to their rooms.

Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

We stayed here just one night on Bank Holiday Monday and met work colleagues for dinner in the basement restaurant, Cloisters.
The hotel was easy to access, and our room was in the new section of the building. The room was well proportioned and had everything we needed. The bed, quilt and pillows were luxurious, which was a relief after the hotel we had stayed in the previous night in Plymouth.
The WiFi worked properly.
We had a drink in the bar, and the service was professional and friendly. I wouldn't describe it as cosy, but it was relaxed and a pleasant place to sit. There's an outside terrace to sit when the weather is fair.
The restaurant was very nice and we liked the food. The price was very reasonable.
We were very impressed by the personal service we received particularly from the duty manager and from the breakfast staff in the morning subsequently.
Only point for me was that the breakfast was not cooked to order, although it was very nice none the less.
Its a shame its too far to walk into Bath city centre, but regardless, I would certainly have no hesitation in staying here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple