“Nice location!”

Bailbrook House Hotel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Sits just outside Bath. We walked into the city 45 mins. There are bus stops along the way if you want to hop on. Taxi back £7. The hotel itself is very nice, clean, friendly staff. We ate 1 night, food was ok! But nothing spectacular. The cream tea however is a must!!! The scones melt in you mouth. Delicious experience. Breakfast,was full English cooked to order, or almost anything you could want for b/fast.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. It was great to read you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about the scones, I will let the kitchen team know.However, Please accept my apologies that you felt dinner was just okay, and I know Peter our head chef would also wish to say sorry. I hope we will see you again if you visit Bath again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Bailbrook House Hotel

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a training course. Felt thoroughly spoiled by the time we left. The room was fantastic, bed was very comfortable and fresh milk was appreciated. During our training there were drinks always on tap and more than enough delicious food! The staff were friendly and there always seemed to be someone on hand if you needed anything.
The only thing that disappointed me was the quality of the house red wine. The bar was expensive, and I decided I was happy enough to go for the house red, however the wine was worse than anything I've had for a while. That said it was a minor issue in an otherwise excellent stay.
I do hope I get another chance to come back with work, and I'd definitely consider it for a night or two away with my other half.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel during your 2 day training course. Thank you for your kind words regarding the food and team, they will be pleased to read your comments. I have noted your comments regarding our red wine and I will pass your comments on to our purchasing department.

I hope you won’t leave it too long before visiting us again.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

By reputation, Bath has a very crowded core, so we purposefully looked for a quality hotel away from the center. Set on a treed hill just outside the center (but still very accessible by bus or taxi), Bailbrook was a stunning refurbished country house with added, modern accommodation that was well in keeping with the original property. The valet (Otto ) was exceptional both in terms of his energy in dealing with our luggage, and in providing local guidance (he lived his whole life in a nearby village).Having arrived too late to begin touring town,in the evening, we walked down the hill to the river, crossing a unique toll bridge, and found our way to a re-furbished (due to recent flooding)pub set by a dam on the Avon, and returned again by walking to the hotel. Hotel service and facilities were excellent throughout our short stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we helped towards you enjoying your visit to Bath. Thank you for you kind words regarding Otto, I will make sure that he receives a copy of you review.

I Hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Came with my girlfriend for a two night break. The weather was fantastic which I'm sure has helped with how great the stay in bath has been.

The hotel itself is lovely. Very professional staff who we decided to avoid because we are the sort of people who enjoy our breaks without much interference.

The hotel staff didn't interfere with that and were perfectly attentive when we went to breakfast which was pretty much the only interaction we had with them.

We walked into bath on three occasions during our stay. It's about a 30-40 minute walk but with nice weather it's quite lovely to chat and walk through to the city centre looking at all the fantastic buildings along the way.

The room was well kept and clean. The bathroom the same. The bed ridiculously comfortable.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read you brought good weather with you, it does make a difference. I am pleased you found our beds comfortable, we get rave reviews about our beds; a good night’s sleep is so important. Once again thank you for your review and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

What a wonderful hotel in the most beautiful setting. The staff were very professional and polite at all times.The Cloisters restaurant served some superb food.The room we stayed in was a Classic and well appointed with a most comfortable bed.we can recommend this hotel to everyone.

1  Thank Royboydursley

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words. It was very nice to read that you will recommend the hotel. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for two nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was superb from start to finish. The room was luxurious and well appointed. Our room was on the 3rd floor of the court next to the main house.
We ate in the conservatory restaurant on the first night and it was delicious to say the least.
For us though the thing that really made our stay was Otto. Fantastic gentleman who really is a credit to the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and he gave us some excellent tips for our stay in Bath.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bushbabyDerbyshire

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. It was so nice to read your review especially your kind words about Otto. Otto has recently joined us and he will be delighted to read your comments. It is always great when I read our guests will recommend the hotel - thank you.

I hope we will see you soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We booked a two day stay at this hotel and wished we had planned for a longer stay. All the staff were most helpful and polite. The room was bigger than other hotels with a large and comfortable bed. We slept well for the two nights. The room had two, rather than the usual one, comfortable chairs. The bathroom was spotless! The usual good quality lotions etc available together with two dressing gowns and slippers. Iron & ironing board in the wardrobe. Safe was very easy to operate. Tea and coffee making facilities plus a very good coffee machine with a range of coffees. Breakfast was excellent with a choice of various foods which suited us. Again, very professional staff in the breakfast room. We were sorry that we had planned to visit relatives in the area and had not had time to enjoy an evening meal in the hotel. Will we stay here again? Yes! Give it a try; one of the best hotels we've stayed in. And, we caught the bus into Bath centre - much easier than taking the car in.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.What a fabulous review - thank you. It was nice to read you will visit us again. There is so much to do in Bath as well as the surrounding area, I suggest 3 nights next time! – the “ visit bath “ website is a great source for what is happening in the area.

We look forward to seeing you soon.