“Surprisingly good!”

Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Bath
London, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked this hotel for the long weekend for just one night. With 4 stars and only £150 for the night I wasn't expecting anything amazing but was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful this hotel was. the exterior is lovely and grand and the breakfast was really good too! Plus the rooms were brand new so nothing felt dated or old.
My only complaint would be that my room was literally ready at 3:02pm. With most holidays I go on, I always try to check in before the check in time with success at least 2-3 hours before the check in time. I arrived at 2:50pm and was made to wait as my room wasn't ready. I found this quite rare..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.It is always nice to read that our guests have enjoyed their stay and I have passed your comments on to the team about breakfast.I am sorry that your room was not ready early,I will discuss this with our housekeeping team and see how we can improve on this.

Hope to see you back at Bailbrook House soon

Jonathan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Finnish first
Funchal, Portugal
Reviewed August 27, 2013

At last... A hotel room I actually wanted to book into, not only was I happy with the room, we booked another night! Newly refurbished, staff excellent, great breakfast... note to the evening chef... Cooking oil has to be smoking hot to get the batter for the fish crispy without the goowey inside!!!!.
Great location, as you can pick up the number 13 bus to Bath City and return right outside the drive way, not worth taking the car. (21st Century Tv and Hairdryers) a nice touch.
Very happy with our stay, and would look out for offers again here. Lovely main house, doesn't have the formal Hotel feel.
The only thing we were amazed about, is that there is a statement in the hotel information that says it does not encourage people to tip toe down the corridors. How stupid is this statement, we all have met the couple who decide to bang there doors numerous times at midnight.

Room Tip: Make sure the room you have is not on the walk way to the breakfast room, I suspect it can be quite...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay.I agree with you about the boat trip, it is a fabulous way to enjoy some of the scenes of Bath.I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just had a weekend in this great hotel. Everything was of a really high standard. The rooms were of a high quality, loads of space and a really comfy bed.

Were told about the boat trip into Bath when we arrived and it made a perfect start to our day in Bath City Centre.

1 Thank Will A
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I could not agree more about the boat trip- what a fabulous way to see some of the sites of Bath.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start, we had a fantastic stay here. The hotel staff were brilliant, they couldn't do enough for us. We were totally pampered.
The hotels refurbishment is exquisite, and so was the food. We ate in both restaurants, the cloisters was a little expensive but as a treat it was worth it.
When staying in bath this hotel is a must.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.Wow, I could not have written a better review myself ! thank you so much.The staff will be very pleased to read your review.Once again thank you and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

From start to finish are stay in this hotel was an amazing experience. The staff couldn't have been nicer and the room was that nice we didn't want to leave it. If I had to pick one little thing it was the breakfast was very slow coming out. Then again it was a busy bank holiday weekend. Saying that it didn't bother us at all as everything else was so good, including the food.

We will be back.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I really do appreciate your comments about your stay and the team, they have all worked very hard since we opened so they will be delighted to read you review - thank you. I have noted your comment about breakfast ; the bank holiday weekend was our busiest weekend since we opened and following a review of the weekend we have made some changes to improve speed.

Once again thank you

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend whilst on an overnight visit to Bath. Hotel cost around £100 and that was from booking only a week prior through last minute website. This price included breakfast.
Hotel was very pleasant, as we pulled up the long driveway onto the grounds we parked up and went into reception where we were dealt with promptly. A polite young man showed us to our room and explained how things worked and where things were which was a nice surprise!
The room itself was HUGE! You will see reviews on here of people moaning about the bed being two mattresses - yes it is but this is unnoticeable when slept on and the bed is massive and comfortable. Room comes with complimentary milk, water and loads of types of tea and coffee (and hot chocolate). The shower has a large amazon style shower head and works great and the bathroom has the relevant toiletries for the stay.
Breakfast the next morning (included in price) was the best breakfast I've had at a hotel. The meat is premium and the menu showed where the meat was from (Wiltshire bacon and locally sourced sausages if I remember correctly) all was cooked perfectly and there was a large range of items so I won't list them all. The staff at breakfast were very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was nice.
There were refurbishments going on at the hotel during our stay but we did not hear any of this, we saw a man fitting a door and he was polite but this did not affect our stay one bit.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Bath. It is a 5 minute taxi drive (taxi was around £7 into town) and is in a quiet location.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review.It was great to read you enjoyed your stay and also read your reviews about our rooms.I am pleased you enjoyed breakfast,as you know a lot of people say it is the most important meal of the day so we try our best to give everyone a good start to the day !
Hope to welcome you back soon

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed between 19- 23 August. Check -in was quick and our room was ready on arrival. Rooms were comfortably furnished - with everything smelling new due to recent refurbishment. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The breakfasts were self service so you could have as little or as much as you wanted. The location was picturesque and we walked into city centre every day which was about 2 miles. My only complaint was that our room was next to the door leading to the car park or Lansdowne restaurant. This door did not shut quietly so some mornings we were woken by other guests making their way for breakfast. I would ask for a room away from an entrance next time. Overall we had a great time and would definitely stay again.

1 Thank Mcgenie
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff friendly and breakfast enjoyable,I will let everyone know. I note your comment about a noisy door and I have asked our maintenance team to check all doors to ensure they close slowly and quietly.Once thank you and I hope we can welcome you back soon.