“Wonderful!”

Ranked #29 of 160 Bath B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2006

The Henry Guest House is a great place to stay in Bath. Not only is it extremely close to the Abbey and Roman Baths as well as where most tours pick up, but the minute you walk in, you feel welcome. Sue and Derek are like friends immediately, giving you great recommendations for activities and dining, as well as directions for things like laudramats and movies. Derek even provided me with detergent when I asked him where the nearest laundramat was. I would definitely stay there again if I'm in Bath.

Thanks Sue and Derek for providing such a friendly experience for a single traveler.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2006

This was the first place my boyfriend and I stayed in during our two week trip through Britain. We had taken the bus in from London and went straight to The Henry from the station; which was a very short walk, by the way.

Our room was bright, spacious, had beautiful high ceilings, a very nice vanity with sink, and every other accomodation. We were right around the corner from a toilet and a shower, which are separated. We never encountered a single problem. The place was immaculate and cozy.

Breakfast! Sue presented us with the tastiest English breakfast imaginable. I can still remember the mushrooms and ham...yum...

Oh, and the location was perfectly central. Perfectly easy walking distance to everything.

Thanks, Derek and Sue for everything. You all were so great.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2006

Our entire experience with the Henry was positive! You feel welcome from the minute you enter, almost like an extended part of their little family. I was initially worried about the shared bathroom, but this turned out to be a non-issue.

The house is clean and well-kept. The environment is pleasant and cheerful. The location is terrific. The price is reasonable. They gave me every reason to think I will stay there again on my next trip to Bath.

They take a lot of time to make sure that you are comfortable and have things to do and keep yourself busy while in Bath. They make sure you aren't paying too much for parking. In the morning the breakfast is first-rate. You get choices of food, good conversation, and even a glimpse into the owners' hectic family life which is both endearing and entertaining.

Having the high-speed internet connection was a big help for us as we did much of our trip planning using the net. The internet was a little unreliable while we were there, but overall everything worked well.

My suggestions for The Henry if they read these reviews, on ideas for improvement. These things appeal to me as a net-savvy American tourist:
1) make sure the internet connection is reliable as possible
2) offering an American power converter to rent or to borrow would be great
3) I think we were missing disposable shower mats for the shared shower (but we had brought our own anyway). Either that or we just didn't know where to look.

Thanks again for a most pleasant experience!

• Stayed March 2006