“My favourite place to eat in Bath”

The Grocer on Locksbrook
Ranked #165 of 577 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Grocer Cafe is an independent cafe and takeaway situated 5 minutes from beautiful Bath city-centre. All of our products are fresh and locally sourced. We are passionate about food, and cook it simply to order.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favourite place to eat in Bath”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I know this is a bold statement but it is my opinion as it ticks all my boxes. The food is home cooked and fantastic, every time I go there all you will hear from me is 'mmmm....mmmm...mmm' whilst eating, the flavours are fresh and delicious and I just cannot get enough of the food there.

No matter what time you go, breakfast lunch, diner I am never disappointed. It is small and personal, I LOVE it ....and it's local.

If you just fancy a low key setting for dinner then the supper club is a fab thing to do, great wine, great service and wholesome food. I recommend to one and all!

• Visited July 2014

“Supper Club”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked an evening meal for my girlfriend and I recently as we thought we would try something new. We had 3 courses, Delicious food and great value for money. the menu varies but we've been back since and my personal favorite is the Curried Goat - excellent food every time we've been and the staff are really great. big thumbs up!!! :D

1 Thank nickywillamonb
“cosy neighbourhood eatery”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been having delicious lunches and good coffee here for ages. It is really convenient for Newbridge Surgery and the RUH. Now we have had a couple of yummy suppers here. Delicious fresh meals easy on the budget and EASY on the conscience as much is organic and locally sourced. And it is friendly and low key too.
I recommend a pleasant walk along the canal from Bath (20 mins) and lunch here and a walk back and it will be easy on your waistline too.
oh yes and only 5 mins from Victoria Park, when you go there with your kids.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Nice food, service needs speeding up”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Often come here with friends for lunch and the food is great. I do find the service pretty slow, though, which is not what you want if you've stopped for a quick bite at lunchtime. Took 20 mins to serve four of us with sandwiches, salad (already made) and coffees.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Wonderful brunch with friendly people”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a couple of hours to kill whilst waiting for our car to be serviced at Bath Volkswagen and couldn't face going into the city. Instead we wandered into this fab deli-cum-bistro for a coffee, and ended up spending the whole morning there.

The shop is stocked with loads of fantastic goodies, and the food we ordered was fantastic, really fresh and tasty. I had the smashed avocado, which was both healthy and delicious, and my husband had curried squash soup, which he really enjoyed and said wasn't too sweet. Nothing was too much trouble - they were quite happy to give me spelt bread with my avocado rather than wheat. The staff are really lovely people, and we wish we lived closer so we could try their supper club evenings, as the menu looks great.

Thank you! We'll be back in when we're in the area.

• Visited April 2014