“Provided what is stated in brochure”
Review of Scarper Tours

Scarper Tours
Ranked #4 of 58 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun and Friendly Stonehenge Tours, direct from the City of Bath
Tamborine Mountain, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Provided what is stated in brochure”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I basically wanted to get to and from Stonhenge without having to hire a car, so this tour fit the bill. The commentary by the driver was unobtrusive and as the weather was especially bad, there was not much that could be viewed or talked about along the way. I didn't expect a big history lesson on the journey as I knew audio tours are available on site (and like those at the Roman Baths, the information was very good). If you want an in-depth introduction whilst traveling to Stonehenge then this is probably not for you; but a relaxed, comfortable and efficient return trip to one of the world's great heritage sites, yes!

1 Thank GailP240

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Rent a car and drive yourself”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had rented a car to drive from London to Bath then up to Leeds. We figured we would park in Bath and take the tour to Stonehenge that day.

First, I wished we had given ourselves a whole day in Bath. Its absolutely beautiful and we didnt have enough time to really see it.

Second, the Scarper Tour made it sound like you'd get to see the hill carvings on the way. Well, you kind of could. The pictures made it seem like it was really close however when we drove by, it was SO far away it was about the size of your hand. Plus, they only slowed down (not stop) so you can take a picture.

Third, we thought there would be a narrator talking the entire time about the history, what we'd be seeing, Stonehenge, etc. Nope. He only spoke up a few times about pointless things.

Fourth, they make a big deal about having a dedicated time for their tours "so you dont have to wait in line". Well, there was no line when we went. Plus, the drive wasn't that bad, there is a huge parking lot. We should have just driven. Paying for the tour gave us no added benefit plus if we had driven ourselves, we wouldn't have wasted the hour or so driving back to Bath and we could have continued up to Leeds.

There may be other, better tours than Scarpers to Stonehenge but I would not recommend this one.

Plus, if you want to go the tours where you walk between the stones, you can contact the British Heritage to reserve a spot however, they book out like 8 months. The only other option is paying a stupid about to tour companies out of London.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank SFerence
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Stonehenge friendly tour”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The tour is friendly, the scheme is three hours in total, two in the bus and one to visit the monument. It was time enough to enjoy the visit. The driver was very kind and gave good information during the trip.

Visited January 2013
Monterey, California
“Stonehenge tour”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were able to book last minute (try calling!) on a stonehenge tour this weekend. Despite the pouring rain, the mist and gusty winds my mother and I had a lovely time. The driver was informative and put up with our plethora of questions with good humour and actually was able to answer them. The ease of the entire tour was amazing and made for a memorable-and wet-trip to stonehenge. Even the weather couldn't detract from the lovely scenery on the way there, I enjoyed the drive at least as much as stonehenge. The only complaint we had was the narrow seats!

Visited December 2012
Gros Islet, St. Lucia
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Small, friendly tour”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I took a day trip to Bath. We had evening concert tickets so we took an afternoon tour of Stonehenge. I made the reservation before I left for the U.K. The owner, Sally, was very helpful. Our tour guide was very friendly and the drive was quite scenic. The buses are a little small for bulky Americans but it was overall a lovely afternoon.

Visited December 2012