“Excellent service”
Review of Scarper Tours

Scarper Tours
Ranked #5 of 58 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun and Friendly Stonehenge Tours, direct from the City of Bath
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent service”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Our tour guide was very informative, the bus is small but intimate. I prefer this over the big buses that seem over bearing.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Perfect way to see Stonehenge”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I'd just stepped off the train in Bath with all my luggage and had only a short walk to the Scarper tours bus, which was very easy to spot, and gave me a place to store my heavy bag.

Our guide was lovely and very knowledgeable about the area on the drive to Stonehenge. Once we got there, our tickets were taken care of for us and all we had to do was walk straight over to Stonehenge. Being driven back to Bath, tired from our winter sightseeing, and being able to sleep on the bus was very nice.

Scarpers did everything you want in a tour and I highly recommend them!

London
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“A simple and easy stonehenge tour”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I actually joined them in the summer and I still feel I should put a good word for them, as I found them in here. The coach was comfortable. It didn't feel clamped. The tour guide is friendly and easy-going. Along the journey when we encounted anything special he mentioned them to us. He wasn't over the top and left us peace and quiet as well during the trip. The price was very good and wasn't much different if you take public transport. I recommened it.

Visited July 2012
Yon Thomas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great tour.”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Arrived in Bath via rail from London. Used Scarper tours for our trip out to Stonehenge. Dan was great. On time, informative & very personable. Would definitely use Scarper again & recommend them to others wanting to make a trip out to Stonehenge from Bath.

Sydney, Australia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Best way to see the Stones from Bath”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

As the ads say, this tour does nothing more than take you to Stonehenge, arrange a hassle-free entry, let you walk around at your own pace for one hour with an audio guide and then take you back to Bath.

Some places of interest are pointed out en route to Stonehenge but there’s no incessant chatter from the driver and you’re generally able to sit back, relax and enjoy the wonderful scenery unfolding as you head to your destination.

And everything on our tour went off like clockwork. The bus left Bath at exactly 10.00am. The trip to Stonehenge took the predicted time of just under one hour. When we got to Stonehenge, there was no long waiting around for us in endless queues. Tickets had already been organised and all that was required was to walk through and enjoy the spectacle. This is a huge advantage with such a popular attraction.

Dan our driver was courteous, efficient, good natured and polite. He made sure that all passengers knew the drill and were clear about the arrangements. Again, this is necessary due to the large crowds. And I felt confident that he was a safe driver. The bus was clean and comfortable despite it being full on the Queen’s Jubilee long weekend. In fact I enjoyed the drive there and back almost as much as the stones themselves.

The cost for two people including the entrance fees and audio guide was £46, but if Stonehenge is what you want to see then it’s worth it and this is the right tour for you. We spent exactly one hour there which was just enough and then at the appointed time, we were back on the bus and by 1.00pm outside the Tourist Office in Bath.

Visited June 2012