“Great way to visit Stonehenge from Bath”
Review of Scarper Tours

Scarper Tours
Ranked #5 of 58 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun and Friendly Stonehenge Tours, direct from the City of Bath
Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to visit Stonehenge from Bath”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The tour is 3 hours, 1hr there and back and 1hr to explore the Stonehenge site. This is enough time to have a leisurely walk around Stonehenge and listen to the audio commentary. Various sites are pointed out by the driver in a fun and informative way on the journey out to the site. A great afternoon trip!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Luis Obispo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stonehenge”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great tour. We had a great driver who was very helpful and led a fun commentary for the way to Stonehenge. I couldn't imagine a better trip to Stonehenge from Bath. It only takes 3 hours total so it left us with plenty of time to explore Bath the rest of the day.

Cheshire UK
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Efficient and friendly tour”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was very impressed with this tour from Bath to Stonehenge. The last time we visited Bath we saw the minibus driving around and said next time we will give it ago. I went on the website, which very clearly said we needed to book in advance, so I did. I booked on Friday for a tour on Sunday at 10am - no problem! My family and I arrived at 9:45am and the mini bus came a few minutes after. We hopped on, but what did impress me, was the time the bus driver took to accomodate people who just turned up without booking. As there was no room on our bus, he called the booking office and arranged a seat for them on the next tour.

I liked the way the driver clearly explained admission and costs. The cost for one adult is £15, which gets you there and back, however to enter the Stonehenge site costs, for an adult, £7.50. The driver explained that if he arranged for us all to go in as one big group we can go straight in without queueing - PERFECT. When booking us in he also took into account if we were National Trust Memebers, OAP, students etc, as we were National Trust members this was AGAIN PERFECT. He was also accomodating for the people who went to Stonehenge and chose not to enter the site itself.

So, an hour getting there, just over an hour there and an hour getting back. The bus was clean, comfortable, the driver informative and friendly, the service was punctual. What more can you ask for? To finish off there were some lovely little touches which you will just have go on the tour to experience it for yourself

Toronto, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 424 helpful votes
“Good & efficient tour”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Like most people, I had a million things I wanted to see during my trip to London, but just not enough time. Making a side trip to Bath (well worth the experience) allows you to take a few hours out of your day to visit Stonehenge (only ~1 hour away from Bath). Scarper Tours provided a great, efficient, friendly tour service to/from Bath. The pick-up spot was super easy to find, the driver was exceptionally friendly, and the price was reasonable. In addition, the drive to/from Stonehenge is pretty interesting, and you see some unique things along the way (which the driver humorously points out). Taking the early morning tour still left me with more than enough time to enjoy Bath, and it made for a great (if not slighly long) day.

Personally I felt that taking a tour like Scarper is perfect, as while Stonehenge is nice and one of thoe "must visit" places, spending an hour there is MORE than enough (trust me!). Don't be thrown off by the seemingly short amount of time you spend at Stonehenge, it is sufficient.

Highly recommended overall!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Vik_travel
London, England, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The bus driver was friendly and the smaller size of the bus made the trip feel more personal. The drive up was informative and we saw a few sites along the way. I enjoyed my trip with Scarper and it was great value too, highly recommended.

Visited August 2012