“Great Gluten Free menu!”
Review of Frankie and bennys - CLOSED

Frankie and bennys
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My family came to visit me in Bath and we wanted to eat somewhere that would accommodate all our needs but also have a lively atmosphere! We had eaten before at other Frankie & Benny's restaurants so we knew we would all enjoy dinner here too.
We were greeted by a friendly waitress who took us to our table and offered us drinks and doughballs. My sister is gluten free and often has to change her meal to suit her dietry needs, so she asked the waitress if that would be ok. The lady said that it would not be a problem at all, but they also have a new gluten free menu where there was a lot more choice - my sister was thrilled and ordered the Boston BBQ chicken dish.
Our meals came quickly and everyone was happy. Our waitress was attentive, offered extra drinks and cleared our empty plates swiftly.
We decided to go all out and order the godfather for dessert - WOW! Definitely glad I shared it with my sisters!
Thanks Frankie & Benny's we will be telling our friends about your great food and service :)

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I decided this year to go to my favourite Bath restaurant - Frankie and Benny's - for my 'celebration birthday meal'. We went in with a big group and were warmly welcomed and shown to our seats very quickly. They were very accommodating for myself and my group of friends. They also have a great selection (and taste even better) of cocktails - which we devoured! As it was my birthday (i think my friends may have organised) they even sung happy birthday to me and put a candle in my dessert - which was a lovely touch from the staff! The service was very good and very helpful for friends with allergy problems too :)

Will be definitely stopping here again!
PS: If you are going to come here I very much suggest the Ribs!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We usually go to Wetherspoons for breakie but decided to check out Frankie and Bennys for the first time. We were pleasantly surprised! all the breakfasts were priced at £5 and I had pancakes. on top of that they don't charge for tea and coffee and you can have as many as you like! it actually works out a lot cheaper then Wetherspoons! the waitress serving us kept us topped up with hot drinks. this was by far the best breakie in a long time!!

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Undercooked egg white, dirty tea cups... Terribly slow service... Although one girl server was lovely... All in all, do not recommend

Reviewed March 7, 2014

In Bath the afternoon before the Bath Half, my wife and I decided we wanted something decent and quick so we could get back to the hotel and relax, unfortunately we chose wrong, we chose Frankie & Benny's...

We arrived in the mid afternoon and the place was very quiet (perhaps now I know why). Took about 3 minutes of standing at the 'Please Wait here to be seated' sign for a member of staff to acknowledge us. Finally got seated and were asked what we wanted to drink, ordered two waters and waited. 10 minutes later the waters appeared. Order our food, a steak and spaghetti with meatballs.

This took another 30 minutes or so to arrive. The steak was ok but the meatballs were stodgy and really unappealing (hence why most of them were left).

We finished our meal and then sat for another 15 minutes before the waitress finally took our plates (she had walked past on at least three other occasions). We asked for the bill, then of course waited 10 minutes for this to arrive.

Food - Typical mass produced rubbish
Service - would have been quicker to do it myself

Will I go again? No chance! On the following evening we went to the TGI Friday's that was downstairs - what a world of difference! Great food and great service!