“Now this is a Croque!”

Bertinet Bakery
Ranked #5 of 8 Bakeries in Bath
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Now this is a Croque!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our first trip to Bath. I'm quite particular about eateries in general and always keep a lookout for great places. I found the Bertinet Bakery online prior to our trip, and my interest peaked when I discovered that they make not just Croque Monsieur but also a Croque Champignon, both made in-house. As I love mushrooms I chose the latter. I can say without reservation that this is the finest and most incredible Croque Champignon I've ever had. They package the croque quite appropriately for a take-away and slip it into one of their fab bright candy-striped bags. It can become quite messy, so prepare to nosh down in a quiet little alley nearby or on a bench, and enjoy the most luscious Croque Champignon of your life. The staff was very helpful when we asked about a good time to come back to be sure they've made a hot croque for us to eat straight away. Don't miss out - you have to try this fabulous treat! Again, I'm very particular, so you can't go wrong here. Don't leave Bath without trying one.

• Visited March 2013