“Lovely tea room” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Seating
“Lovely tea room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

What a delight, the service was friendly and we had fabulous smoked salmon sandwiches followed by carrot cake, both were delicious, all made on the premises.

Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sweet little tea rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The little tea rooms staff are warm and friendly. I order scones, cake & tea and they are all great! The atmosphere is good for a afternoon break.

Cookham, United Kingdom
“Pleasant little tea shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We struggled to find a place for lunch due to everyone running indoors to avoid the rain. We walked around several back streets eventually find Bartons.

Bartons Tea Shop was empty, but we were hungry and damp, so we thought we'd try it. I think as its not on the main walks, it's a place you stumble upon.

The waiter gave us a few minutes to choose and we quickly ordered teas and sandwiches. When the teas arrived, they were all loose-leaf tea which was great, plus the sandwiches quickly followed. They were simple but tasty and just what we needed. We then decided to have scones with jam/cream which my mother-in-law was impressed with as she could tell there was no baking powder in?!

The tea shop had quickly filled up during our lunch and everyone appeared to be enjoying their lunch.

My parents-in-law both enjoyed their lunch and walked away with cream-tea smiles.

If you find my reviews helpful, please let me know by giving me a helpful vote.

1 Thank Kai G
boston
“The best lemon cake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Lovely tea rooms with great service, piping hot tea and the best lemon cake! Everything is baked on premise. Well worth the visit.

Visited May 2013
bath
“Wonderful tea rooms - Bartons cream tea is a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've lost count of the number of times i've been in here already, perfect tea rooms. The staff are amazing, warm, friendly, helpful. Nothing is too much trouble.

I would highly recommend the Barton's cream tea to share - Scones & cake, what's not to love! for something savoury the flat breads are lovely.

The tea is perfect and the atmosphere relaxing, the perfect pit stop on a busy shopping day.

I for one hope this tea room stays in Bath for a very, very long time.