“Excellent experience”

Koh Thai Bath
Ranked #107 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Koh Thai Bath is nestled in a stunning Georgian townhouse in the centre of the city. Just a waltz and a twirl away from the Assembly Rooms, the Cathedral and the Roman Baths, our restaurant is a warm candlelit sanctuary spread over three floors.
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Came here with a group of friends without a booking. Had some cocktails, banter, good recommendations and exceptionally good food. Lester was very attentive with great service. Atmosphere was lively. Overall great!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

we choice the £25 a head tasting menu. The staff asked for any allergies, preferences, likes and dislikes so they could cater int he choice and delivered at sumptuous banquet to us. For 4 people we had 4 plates of starters - spring rolls, vegetable tempura, etc. Mains was a further 3 vegetarian dishes, 2 curries, 2 meat dishes, rice and some vegetables! we ate like royalty. We drank cocktails but even so at just under £50 a head this was a great meal. All of the staff were young - but they were very attentive, nothing was too much trouble and even on a Sunday night the restaurant was quite full

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Three of us ate at Koh Thai Tapas in Bath early on a Saturday evening. Service was very friendly although it took a long time for food to come to our table after ordering. The décor is good too and the place was full which gave it a nice atmosphere. Music was a bit odd for a Thai restaurant though - there was certainly nothing Asian about it.

We decided to go for the Thai tapas and found it to be fun eating that way though the food was of variable quality. We all really liked the fishcakes, crispy beef and squid while we had mixed views on the ribs. We had two types of spring rolls and they weren't very good at all - the duck ones in particular were almost inedible with very little duck inside and a not very nice texture to both the duck and the spring onions. The chicken wings too were poor - and I'm normally a big fan of chicken wings. We also had a dessert - banana fritters - and it was ok though nothing special.

Unfortunately we were also overcharged by £4 which I spotted but didn't want to point out because my Mother was paying. I'm sure it was an accident but it does show a bit of inefficiency to go alongside the slowness of food reaching our table.

All in all an OK experience, but with so many good restaurants in Bath we won't be visiting again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Interesting concept Thai Tapas !! However, guess it is in what was the old Spanish Tapas place......

We were very impressed by the food we received, had the Pad Tai which was great, the Lamb Curry which was immense !! the Dim Sum which was spicy Hot!!!! lovely....and fish cakes which were the only average aspect of the meal......good quick friendly service.

My only complaint.....and it is starting to get to me everywhere I go and eat nowaays; is the insistence of the staff calling you 'Guys'!!!!!! arrrgggg !!! HI, what can I get you guys ? How was the meals for you guys? Can I get you guys some more drinks? !!!!! I am saying this light heartedly of course ;-) maybe I am becoming curmudgeonly....will go back...grit me teeth lol

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Been here on more than one occasion now and have yet to be anything other than astounded by the quality of the food. Service has always been really friendly too. Have recommended loads of people to this place and they have all thanked me for it! TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!