“Excellent food and great service!”
Review of The Green Rocket

The Green Rocket
Ranked #57 of 607 Restaurants in Bath
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are an award winning independent vegetarian restaurant in the heart of Bath. Our aim is to provide excellent informal food at a reasonable price. We are fully licensed and have an extensive menu with many vegan and gluten free options.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I live in Bath so have been out for dinner quite a lot, and this is my new favourite place. This meal was amazing. Everything on the menu looked so tasty and it was very difficult to chose one, luckily I went with my big family so we pretty much ordered one of each and shared it all. The food was cooked and presented beautifully, there was so much variety and different flavours - definitely one of the best meals I've had in a long time. The fact that its vegetarian shouldn't put meat eaters off (I'm not a vegetarian) as it is a great opportunity to try something new and something you could never cook for yourself. The attention to detail was superb, as were the staff - very friendly and on the ball! They even gave us a taster of the cashew cheese which is highly recommended. The deserts were delicious too and so unusual, most of them were vegan which I don't understand as the cheesecake was one of the nicest ones I've had! Overall great place, cheap prices and lovely atmosphere. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Mia136

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I made the mistake of not being middle class enough for this cafe by asking for a Diet Coke. Cue an uncomfortable round of patronising chat from a staff member and a patron. I was advised to find a newsagent! Needless to say, I didn't stay. Was not personally bothered (the coke was for my Mum) but the tone was really quite unfriendly.

7  Thank EmmaN16
Reviewed October 28, 2013

As a vegetarian coeliac, I really do struggle to find good meals in restaurants, and was over-joyed to discover the Green Rocket in Bath this weekend.

My boyfriend and I are hard to feed at the best of times but the staff were considerate and helpful, and checked our dietary requirements with the kitchen more than once to make sure that neither of us would have bad reactions to the food.

The food itself was incredible - the best veggie/vegan food I have had anywhere. The veggie burger was particularly brilliant.

So good that we went twice in one weekend, and plan to go back to Bath just for this!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

A very nice cafe in a good location spot.
The homemade ketchup was something different to try. A slight ragu taste to it.
Would have been nice to have some hash browns with my breakie but its no biggie.
Glad to see Bath has a veggie restaurant to cater for the veggies :)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Called in mid afternoon on Friday & were disappointed that they had stopped serving food & had to go elsewhere. Called in for lunch on Saturday & had a very tasty falafel sandwich. There is only one loo. A man was queuing in front of me when a member of staff burst in through the back door & bashed into him with it. There is little room to wait anywhere else. I'm going back in a few weeks to try the evening menu.