“Could be a lot better”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bath, United Kingdom
“Could be a lot better”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We went here on a night out just for the two of us and left slightly disappointed. The place is OK in a newly developed part of Bath next door to the railway station. A bit like other places here, because it's built in disused railway arches it can be noisy but looks nice.

We had a couple of burgers (obviously) as well as halumi and olives for starters. We also ordered a jug of tap water to drink as we'd had something elsewhere beforehand. The halumi arrived but not the water or olives. We waited only to have our burgers delivered. When we asked about the olives and water we were told that there was a shortage of jugs but they'd get it sorted!

Overall it was OK and was reasonably good value for money but not sure we'd revisit to be honest with you.

“Great for lunch”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Great choice of interesting burger combinations. Really loved the skinny fries. Although very busy the food came quickly. Service was good.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely food!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Visited GBK in Bath a few times and on each occasion the food arrived in good time and was absolutely mouthwatering. Only issue is the ordering system- at peak times the queue for ordering food can be quite long. However the staff and the service makes the wait bearable.

Woking, United Kingdom
“yummy food, restaurant needs tweeking”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The menu at Gourmet Burger is delicious, it's well laid out and accommodates all types of tastes and there's a gluten free menu available too. 100% beefburgers are juicy and the brioche buns were appreciated by my guests. It's a bit strange though as it seems to fall between being a fast food place where you go and order your own food and a restaurant with service. The staff were polite enough but I had to collect our water jug and the staff seemed to be standing around chatting quite a lot. Nevertheless the location is perfect for a lunch at a reasonable price, it had lots of spaces while another restaurant we tried was packed out with 25 minutes wait, this was on a Saturday so suggests there is room for improvement. I do like this chain and will use it again but not for a special event.

• Visited July 2014
“SLOW SLOW SLOW even takeaway”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I work just around the corner from GBK Bath and ordered a takeaway burger for lunch as I was so busy at work. When I arrived at the restaurant after the 15 minutes specified, I had to wait a further 10 minutes to be served whilst my burger sat at the end of the counter, I realise that lunchtimes can be busy, however, I counted 6 members of staff doing very little, with only one person (trainee) on the till.
I asked if the Habanero burger was on the lunch menu, sadly it wasn't, though they suggested getting a small classic burger from the lunch menu and adding Habanero sauce. The bill came to over £8 as they charged £1.65 for the sauce. If you are after takeaway, I suggest Schwartz burgers which is a few hundred yards away, it is cheaper and the burgers are far better