“A lovely haven on a cold day”
Review of Nonna's Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

Nonna's Cucina Italiana
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We dashed into Nonna's on a freezing cold day for a very quick meal before our daughter's university interview. We arrived near the end of the lunch time session, but the owners were extremely welcoming and accommodating. We explained that we were a little pushed for time, and accordingly the meal was served swiftly. The food was beautiful, and at all times staff were extremely helpful. The furnishings of this little gem are contemporary, but also cosy, creating a very relaxing atmosphere. Thank you Nonna's, we loved our spur-of-the-moment visit, and if our daughter is successful in her application, we will be back with the rest of the family!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Whilst the food was tasty It was rather over priced. Was disappointed I had to pay extra for vegetables with my veal. Carpaccio was very tasty however the dressing didn't really compliment. Didn't feel the need to have a dessert. The food was good however £37 for 2 courses, glass of wine and a hot chocolate felt extortionate. Staff were very friendly however and were very helpful.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Came here for their £11.95 three course lunch. Wasn't expecting huge portions and I was correct. To be really honest, the bruschetta in Jamie's is far better. Main was pleasant enough but really, it wasn't anything special. They should increase their prices and really make something that will stand out.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We visited in a group of 8 (plus baby with buggy) on Saturday lunch time and had an excellent lunch at excellent value. We all had the set menu but with different options.

I had the mozzarella (this was a large portion!) to start which was excellent, followed by what the owner refers to as the 'peasant' chicken, an Italian family recipe which was delicious. My boyfriend had the tag bol which was also great and calamari to start, which was not chewy and well cooked. We both had tiramisu to finish and coffees. I also had the house red with lunch and this was also excellent. The service was both efficient and friendly and I couldn't fault it. I can’t believe what great value the set lunch menu was at £11.95.

A great little restaurant and we will definitely be returning!

1  Thank LisaP08
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was expecting more having read the reviews on here - maybe I just had a bad expereience.

Sat at the top of the restaurant which was cold. Also very close to the table next to us so it was not really private at all. It was obvious the people at the next table were listening to us....

Onto the food..... I have had better. It was acceptable but just that. Nothing fancy, no personal touches, no revelation just plain Italian food. I had a calzone and it was jsut acceptable. Acceptable is the only impression the place left on me.....

1  Thank Dean R