“Stunning B and B”
Review of 4 Beaufort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
4 Beaufort
Ranked #109 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This B and B is absolutely stunning and Lynn is very friendly. She was on hand for local advice and helped us with choosing a restaurant for dinner. I would suggest booking a restaurant before you go if you are there at the weekend . I'm sure Lynn would be able to supply details of good restaurants to you before you go.We were only there one night but will be planning a longer return trip very soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with the roll top bath and the views were exceptional
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My initial plan was to rent an apartment, but it was not so easy to find one as communication was slow, but then I coincidentally found 4 Beaufort (all started with very good and prompt communication). It felt like having a place for myself (that is spacious, own toilet, all new and nicely decorated, light) with all the positive sides of a bed and breakfast, like delicious breakfast, with great choice. On top I had very nice company from Lynn, who even got me a little birthday present when she heard it was my birthday. It felt like staying with a friend.
4 Beaufort is well located, about a 20 minutes walk into town, there is a very good pub close by (King William) and what I liked especially was that the whole place was spotlessly clean.

I love the city of Bath anyway and this time staying in 4 Beaufort made my stay especially nice. Will definitely come again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed November 3, 2013

First review I have ever written in my life - 4 Beaufort was beautiful and staff extremely friendly. Amazing views and the entire experience exceeded all expectations. I will definitely recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

4 Beaufort is a beautifully presented B&B with thoughtful attention to detail. The King Room made for a wonderful 3 night stay. The bed was very comfortable and I enjoyed all the little touches such as books, sweets and even a hot water bottle. The en suite contains a bath and a power shower as well as fluffy towels and robes. Something really unique about 4 Beaufort is that breakfast is served in the room. A table is laid in the room for guests each evening and a mini fridge is stocked with yogurts, fruit, cereal, tea, coffee and juice. There is also a hot breakfast menu from which you can place your order, there is however a small charge for this. Whilst 4 Beaufort enjoys lovely views of the surrounding countryside, it is approximately 30 minutes walk into the centre of Bath. Overall I would definitely recommend The King Room at 4 Beaufort to anyone looking to pamper themselves for a long weekend.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Beautifully situated, with stunning views from the windows. The bedroom was nicely decorated, cosy, warm and very clean. And so was the bathroom... The breakfast was delicious and I will never forget the taste of coffee served with it... It added something special to quiet mornings, which I spent admiring the autumn landscape.
Lynn is an absolutely lovely person - very helpful and hospitable. From the very first second of my arrivial she made me feel at home. She advised me a nice route to the centre- I enjoyed the walks every single day and each time discovered something new about Bath.
I highly recommend 4 Beaufort. Lynn and her lovely B&B wil make your visit to Bath an unforgettable one.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Zofia C
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We only stayed one night here with our son. Lynn was lovely. The breakfast was sweet and the room perfectly accommodated the 3 of us...nice stand alone tub - clean towels. Lynn had put out some books on our son's bed she thought he would like to read...nice touch. The resto down the hill she recommended was very good and we had a great time there. It is NOT easy to find. So make sure you get uber good directions. It was not a walk into town for us (it was cold...one of the coldest Easter time breaks on record...and we had a 9 year old with us) but I think probably it is not a realistic walk for many people for many reasons. I would stay here again for sure. We only had the one night so we didn't 'dig in' so I don't have a lot more details to give. Again...stay here with confidence - it is the real deal kind of B & B. p.s. know that the breakfast is not the kind you come down to a large room and eat with others kind of sumptuous breakfast. It is a much lighter, in your room thing and you will be up-charged for many of the items so make sure you know that in advance and it won't be a negative for you.

Room Tip: It is very small so you will get what you get.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently stopped here for one night and I have to say this is by far one of the best B&Bs we've come across! Lynn's home is beautiful and she has carefully thought out what guests would like to have during a stay and has provided amply (such as chocolate in the fridge, dressing gowns, books to mull over, tea and biccies on arrival). We loved having the delicious continental breakfast at our leisure in our room - it made for a nice relaxing start to the day, overlooking the garden with just out of bed hair.
The evening before we took turns to baby watch whilst enjoying the roll top bath - nice and decadent! I'm trying to think of any downsides to this place in and I struggle to come up with any bar a lack of travel cot which they don't have for health and safety reasons, and that was absolutely fine for us as we were only there for the one night.
The best part of this place (there are so many though) is that Lynn is a genuinely lovely person who we could have spent all weekend chatting baby-stuff and carpets* with. Next time we will come for longer!
*I was a BIG fan of the stair runner. I realise this makes me sound massively dorky. Don't let that put you off!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family