“Good Food and Music”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I am fortunate in living close to this restaurant. It has the feel of a French family run bistro, friendly and informal yet with with high standards both as to the cuisine and service. Dishes of the day are well worth considering and you are able to linger over them for as long as you choose. The jazz trio, currently playing Tuesday Thursday Friday currently (but please check when booking) adds to the enjoyment and are happy to play requests for "standards". My favourite local night out.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We came here on a Friday night after seeing plenty of positive reviews. The service was very quick and attentive. The food was excellent, I had steak and my girlfriend had beef bourguignon, both well worth a try!
If you're in the area, don't over look No. 5!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

It is easy to overlook No 5 in Bath's busy restaurant scene, but it has been here for years but recently changed hands. Looking for somewhere where we could talk and take time, we decided to try and were very pleased we did. Service could not have been better, and the restaurant was full, and there was a birthday party group, but the atmosphere was fine I would say for all. The food was very well prepared, Escargots to share, interesting and delicious; sea bream and boeuf b for mains showed off two dishes very well. Good wine list, and possible to get a good wine by the glass - great for drivers.

A very nice and unusual touch at the end when two glasses of brandy were brought over. Much appreciated, but not always possible to accept because of driving - Might be worth offering a non-alcoholic alternative - another coffee maybe? - but it is a nice thing to do, and not common.

We shall go again on the basis of this. Thanks to No 5

1  Thank David J
Reviewed September 12, 2013

we ate here today - full 3 courses and every single one of them was amazing.

delicious french food cooked to perfection & the service was fantastic - the waiter was so friendly and couldn't do enough for us, though wasn't at all intrusive.

Very affordable and really couldn't recommend this place any more highly - we will be back!!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

On our second visit to Bath in a year, and we had no doubt where we wanted to eat on our one evening in town. My last review of No. 5 seems to have got lost, so I am pleased to write another and say that we had a fantastic meal yet again. The location is great ( just off the Pulteney bridge) as is the atmosphere of this real gem, which is very "Bistro-ish" and romantic without being over-pretentious like some similar places can be.
A wonderful warm welcome and efficient service throughout. I had french onion soup and Beef bourguignon from the specials board and my partner had the mushroom starter and Lamb rump. All were absolutely delicious.
We were not sure if we had room for dessert but were so glad we made the effort (not much of one) to both have the creme brulee. it was just the best we have had, and comes in a large round dish. perhaps enough to share - but you wont want to!

Highly recommend and I am sure we will be back again on our next trip to the area.