“Good, and improving”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I ate here a few months ago and said I thought it was in the process of improving and I am pleased to say I was right. I ate a good prawn starter, followed by duck confit, which was lighter than most I have had. Good live guitar music too. Not cheap, but one of the better Bath restaurants in my view.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Having been let down by our Hotel we trudged into Bath in the hope of finding supper. The No 5 Bistro looked popular but we were surprised by the warm welcome, a table for two in the window looking out onto Pulteney Bridge and a attractive a la carte menu. The good selection of wines were sensibly priced and eclectic in taste. We intended just to have one course but were so attracted by the menu we ended up staying for three followed by a complimentary brandy with the patron and his son. The service was great and the food delicious. I had the Boeuf Bourguignon which was fantastic, fresh, piping hot and really authentic in taste. The No5 Bistro turned what had started out as a miserable evening into an evening to remember.We intend always to book ahead for our first evening whenever we stay in Bath from now on.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

In Bath for the weekend, walking around trying to find a really good restaurant. Reservation wasn't required, although popular. I had the wild mushroom risotto & my husband had the pork belly. Both were excellent & the nicest meal we had in Bath. The service was very professional, the ambiance cosy with an excellent trio playing jazz in the background. We are very particular & yet we both very impressed with everything. Definately somewhere we would return to & that's rarely said.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Tempted by the menu, we were not disappointed by the quality of the food and service. One of the best meals we have had in Bath, where there is always such a choice of venue.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our second visit and although we arrived quite late for lunch we were welcomed & attended to with care by Anton. Complimentary baguette & olives is a welcome change these days and this was followed by three fab main courses. The atmosphere in No. 5 was a bit flat but it was late in the session. We were treated to complimentary peach schnapps when we asked for the bill which came to less than £50 including two rounds of drinks. we'll be back!