“THE PLACE for your special meal occasion”
Review of The Kilted Chef - CLOSED

The Kilted Chef
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Kilted Chef is an independent restaurant in the centre of Bath, serving contemporary British food with a Scottish twist. Our warm and ambient dining facilities provide the perfect venue for a relaxed lunch or memorable dinner in the heart of Bath. All our dishes use only the finest ingredients whilst reflecting the varying seasons. Our set lunches and pre-theatre dishes offer particularly good value for money and we have received many favourable reviews of our A La Carte and bespoke taster menus which can be prepared on request.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“THE PLACE for your special meal occasion”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My Wife's birthday is coming up shortly , and as we knew Dougie from an earlier life in Bristol , we know what he can produce ...Our lunch did not disappoint and was from the set menu .You cannot fault the care & presentation , taste , and ambience of this intimate establishment. You have the feeling you are dining at a private club , at which you are a privileged member . His cooking is the best I have eaten , and the list of superlatives in some of the earlier reviews need no repetition. Like continental restaurants , there is no pressure to finish in a hurry , and our Venison main course was superb .
People of Bath , look no further !

• Visited November 2013
TheKiltedChef, Director at The Kilted Chef, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
We're so pleased you enjoyed your lunch with us - thank you very much for the review.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“A special lunch in Bath”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My sister and I planned a special 'Ladies day out' in Bath and so I wanted to find somewhere special for Lunch. Having read the reviews of local restaurants I couldnt wait to try The Kilted Chef. We both chose from the set lunch menu which I think was only £18.95 for three courses. Each course was really good - beautifully presented. We had the Seafood Risotto to start, I then had the Duck my sister had the Lamb. I chose Eton Mess for my dessert and my sister had the cheese and biscuits. Rather than describe these I have posted photos. I will return very soon and will bring my husband next time as want him to share this great place! I've told lots of friends and family about this little gem. See you soon Kilted Chef!

1 Thank NannySoane
TheKiltedChef, Director at The Kilted Chef, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the review and lovely photographs - we look forward to welcoming you and your husband.
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were given this lunch as a birthday treat and that is exactly what it was--a special treat. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome by Emily and although there weren't many people there it didn't matter at all because the atmosphere is friendly and relaxing.
We both had three courses, all different and none of them disappointed. Delicious food, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. I don't think the judges on "Masterchef" would find any faults.
I highly recommend it..

1 Thank Christine M
TheKiltedChef, Director at The Kilted Chef, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much - we're delighted you enjoyed your special birthday treat.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Superb Eating Experience. Will be back!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We eat 'Primal' food. I contacted this restaurant to see if they could accommodate our way of eating and they were amazing. Chef and his staff were detailed in asking what we do and don't eat and set about creating us a six course tasting menu. We were not disappointed. The food was delicious. Great flavours and immaculate presentation. Wine was well matched to the food and even the coffee was good. Emily was serving us and was friendly, attentive but not overpowering. We ate on a lunchtime. It was very quite however this did not spoil our experience at all. We felt like we had our own private chef!
We eat at many a great restaurant, some with michelin stars too and this was right up there with the best.
Give it a try you will not be disappointed!

1 Thank clippers1664
KiltedChefBath, Director at The Kilted Chef, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback - we are so pleased you enjoyed your tasting menu and do hope to see you again soon.
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm very much a foodie and sometime feel that some restaurant care more about presentation then about the taste of the food itself. The KILTED CHEF is definitely not one of them, the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant it beautiful and the staff were friendly and informative, about all the different meal ( which I love). The presentation of the food would please even Gordon Ramsey, but what blew it all was the taste and texture of the food. It was to die for. Possible one of the best meals I have ever had, the Venison my partner had melted in your mouth and my lamb.. well it hard to explain in word how tasty it was. I would definitely recommend anyone to go there, and have been raving about it to any of my friends who will listen. I'm already dropping hint to my partner for my up and coming birthday.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bathonianzumba
Thank you so much for your comments - we do hope to see you again for your birthday!