“Unforgettable.......”

The Kilted Chef
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Kilted Chef is an independent restaurant in the centre of Bath, serving contemporary British food with a Scottish twist. Our warm and ambient dining facilities provide the perfect venue for a relaxed lunch or memorable dinner in the heart of Bath. All our dishes use only the finest ingredients whilst reflecting the varying seasons. Our set lunches and pre-theatre dishes offer particularly good value for money and we have received many favourable reviews of our A La Carte and bespoke taster menus which can be prepared on request.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We visited on Saturday and had a memorable evening.
The food - excellent, first rate cuisine. Imaginative, well presented and delicious.
The service - at least as good as the food. We were looked after so well. Friendly and helpful and attentive enough to be memorable but certainly not intrusive
The ambience - chic, lively and vibrant
The complimentary Champagne ! - save the best until last. We must have had a complimentary bottle by the time we left. the justification offered was that it was an apology for a slight delay between course. We weren't aware of a delay but we were aware of the generosity and care shown to us.
This was a seriously impressive dining experience and I cannot recommend it highly enough

2  Thank P-spenner
KiltedChefBath, Director at The Kilted Chef, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us - thank you for your lovely comments.

There are newer reviews for The Kilted Chef

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Having seen Philip Schofield's pic of the food here on Twitter I had to try this place for myself!
Finally managed to get there last week. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. Even making a reservation was a pleasurable experience.

The food:
The amuse bouche was very amousing! Lovely strawberry, cucumber & Champagne with a little smoked salmon & caviar crudite. Incredible!

I preffered my husband's Cullen Skink to my Summer Broth starter, but that's because I'm an awkward woman! ;-)

My duck main was in a Drambuie glaze. If I was fussy I'd say I'd like more of that flavour, and fewer others (the mango & some other smudges were a little too much). The mash was delightful, and the rich red cabbage with it was lovely. Beautifully presented! And overall very tasty.

Now dessert; one of the most exciting I've ever had the pleasure of eating. My brain was trying so hard to tell me it shouldn't be right; cod roe with what I can only call a creme brulee? Should NOT work, but it SO does! It was like fireworks of flavour exploding in my mouth. Delicious!!

The ambience was lovely; it was midweek and we managed to hide ourselves in a romantic little cavern like area of the restaurant, where we enjoyed privacy for most of the evening (it was our wedding anniversary celebration, and the romance was certainly supported here).

I have no qualms recommending this restaurant to all who visit Bath with a palate for fine food.

There's pre-theater menus/table d'hote/a la carte to suit all.

Thank you for a delightful evening.

Just wish I lived closer so I could visit more frequently.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very comprehensive review - we wish you lived closer too!

The food:

There's pre-theater menus/table d'hote/a la carte to suit all.

Thank you for a delightful evening.

Just wish I lived closer so I could visit more frequently.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We would never have found this place but for a taxi driver. It's wonderful. A superb set lunch for Sunday which was fantastic value. The venison and lamb were wonderful.

Thank you. I'm glad one of our excellent local taxi drivers helped you to find us!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This restaurant has a Scottish title, which reflects the heritage of the chef. But the cooking is modern European of a very high standard. Imaginative menus and lively interested staff make dining a very pleasurable experience. One of the very best in the area.