“Rude & unhelpful staff”

You & Me coffee and cake boutique
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went here with a Groupon voucher, and was told they were too busy, and to come back another day! I said that was not an option, and was told to come back later as they were busy with the customers they already had! The place was half empty. The staff seemed young, hassled and totally lacking any form of customer service skills.

Whilst I appreciate that they probably don't make as much profit with Groupon, they shouldn't have bothered advertising a deal if they didn't want to fulfill it. Alternatively, perhaps they should have put some restrictions on it. I've never experienced such bad service on any other Groupon deal.

I will never return. The food looked alright, but I didn't bother hanging to see if it was around due to the rude and unhelpful staff. Very disappointing.

There are newer reviews for You & Me coffee and cake boutique

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I had a sandwich and coffee to take away using a Groupon voucher. On the plus side it was made fresh to order and wrapped nicely in paper. The filling of smoked salmon, avocado & cream cheer sounded good. Imagine my disappoint when I opened it to find the bread was just basic brown bread. It totally let it down along with the slab of lettuce that wasnt fresh. I recalled not being asked what kind of bread I would like. Prepacked sarnies from most supermarkets use nice malted bread. Won't be going back for a sandwich.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was surprised to read the other reveiws when I switched my computer on to write a review for this cafe. Admittedly we were the only ones in there early lunch time, on a Saturday. The decor and feel of the cafe was very pleasant and relaxing with local and other magazines to browse through. Our food and drinks arrived very promptly served by pleasant, young staff. We had sandwiches that were 'delicate' - no crusts and cut nicely with 'neat' fillings a few hand cooked crisps and attractively dressed salad garnish. We followed with a scrummy piece of tiffin each and agreed it was the nicest we had had.
We would go back there and hope to find it an oasis from the busi-ness of the city as we did today. No complaints, only praise.

1  Thank M&NMB
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Took my Mum for lunch. We had a Groupon voucher so it wasn't very expensive. I would hope that for full paying customer you get more than two small pieces of bread, limited filling and 3 crisps.

The drinks were nice - coffee and hot choc.

Service was quite slow - we were the only people in there and had to wait quite a long time.

I would be reluctant to go here again.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a GROUPON paid for voucher to use. We arrived Saturday at about 12.30 along side another customer. It was busy two lots of tables for 4 had 2 on.
We were informed the vouchers were not accepted Sat. I [and other customer] protested.
We were told to go away and come back again another day .[I beg your pardon] I hope it was a language barrier. The staff appeared all chinese and young.
I persisted as did the other guy. We were then told we could stay and wait but it would be a very long wait. I had already found a table so said I did not mind as I had 1 chance to use voucher.
They then said it could be over 20 minutes. I said fine.

The table was laden with dirty plates and stale food. They would not clear it despite my indication. Eventually a very nice Cappacino arrived. Then my sandwiches [another customers!!] so another wait alongside the old crockery.

At last some fresh tasty sandwiches arrived. We ate and quickly left. At full prices I would avoid going there in future.
Some urgent staff training needed otherwise I do not hold out any hopes. I wonder how others are getting on and after all they sold many many GROUPON vouchers which were better value.

3  Thank Andrew P