“Great find!”

Society Cafe
Ranked #105 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Society Cafe is a speciality Coffee House in the center of Bath. We always have our Single Estate House Espresso which changes seasonally as well as a Single Estate Guest Espresso that changes every couple of weeks. We use the aeropress for filter. We also specialise in high quality teas and hot chocolates.WIFI is fast and free with plenty of places to plug in laptops or charge phones. Large and varied areas of seating both upstairs and downstairs from bar seating to large tables as well as a large area of outside seating on the square. Free Daily newspapers.Large selection of sandwiches, cakes and pastries freshly made everyday.
Bath
“Great find!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It is nice to find a more local and independent cafe amongst masses of chain cafes. They stock the most amazing selection of gluten and wheat free cakes making it a very enjoyable experience. The peppermint tea is also great using actual leaf tea rather than a standard tea bag. The service is great and always comes with a smile :)

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Sarah1189

Wiltshire
“Equally inviting for meeting friends or going on your own”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went for a coffee with a friend yesterday. Just the sort of place I like; doesn't matter what you wear, who you're with, whether you want to chat, read the paper, use your laptop - there was even a couple happily playing cards on the table next to us. You don't feel hurried at all. One of the staff greeted me in such a friendly way I thought I must know her from somewhere! Lots of the other reviews say how good the coffee is - I will bow to their better judgement as I had a cappuccino and it wasn't quite strong enough for me - perhaps I should have asked for an extra shot? So nice not to be just another faceless, nameless customer in a chain!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank IndiraKH
“Great place over price !!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I visited the cafe after heard was a great place to have coffee... Well it is a great place to have coffee however I have to say the price of anything there is a bit over price !!! Also my carrot cake was really dry and it cost £2.50 for a small peace !!

Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Best Coffee ever!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

What a pleasant surprise, walking round a crowded Bath. Decided (luckily) to get off the main drag and venture off a bit. What a great surprise, the Coffee was literally the best I've ever had at a cafe. And then the "small" slab of cake, which was simply delicious (I hope you saw that my inverted comma's, were slightly sarcastic; the cake was enormous).

Seriously, if you want a good cup of Coffee, in pleasant surroundings, served by friendly, knowledgeable staff, then this is definitely the place.

• Visited December 2012
“Fantastic cafe with a real sense of community.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fantastic interior with a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere, this place is brilliant for hanging out and enjoying good coffee. They have a fantastic option of gluten free cakes too which makes it that little bit better!