“Moorland Road pleasure”

Velo Lounge
Ranked #261 of 577 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Velo Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Moorland Road pleasure”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Have just returned from a lovely evening with my Mum at the Velo where we were served by an extremely friendly and helpful young lady. The menu was exciting and as a vegetarian there was a good choice. Prices are on a par with the area. Our meals were both tasty and well presented and it was a relaxing atmosphere in which to eat. We shall definitely be returning when next in Bath !

• Visited August 2014
velolounge, General Manager at Velo Lounge, responded to this review, January 11, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review on trip advisor. We really appreciate the time it has taken and I have passed on your comments to all of the staff. We have been making on going improvements over the past few months and would really appreciate it if you would pop back in and let us know how we have done.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Breakfast”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Rocked up here for breakfast whilst my car was being serviced. Ordered the Velo Breakfast. Superb selection, great presentation, really tasty and lots of it. I was able to tailor the brekkie to my needs, so no toast or black pudding. Freshly squeezed orange juice made in front of me too! Great venue, really friendly and attentive staff. Has the feel of a one off bistro restaurant but is actually part of a chain...Who knew!! Definitely eating there again soon. LOVED IT!!!

• Visited August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on trip advisor. I am so glad that your visit was a success. We have been making ongoing improvements over the past few months so would very much appreciate it if you could pop back in and let us know how we have done.
“Don't bother!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Took my little boy out for breakfast as a treat.. First thing no children's menus on table, only told about them when at the bar ordering food. Menu comes on paper so kids can colour in, great! :) asked for colouring pencils was given a large pot none of which he could actually use because they were all blunt. That's minor. Ordered a pot of tea, took at least 20 minutes. When food eventually arrived the toast was rock hard, with no butter. Asked for butter, rock hard. Couldn't even spread it, by the time I had sorted that the food was cold, hash browns were raw.. Just over all disgusting. Service was bad, clearly can't cope under pressure. Was refunded for my breakfast. Safe to say we won't be returning!

2 Thank BathGirl29
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on trip advisor. Firstly I would like to apologies for your visit to Velo lounge as I am sure you can imagine it was out of character for us. We have taken into account all of the comments you made in your review in all of the improvements that we have made in the time since your last visit. I would really appreciate it if you would pop back in and let us know how we have done. Again thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you again soon.
“Cheeky bite to eat”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I only popped in for a few drinks with some friends and was feeling quite hungry so bought something to eat. The food was of the highest standard among with the customer service and the atmosphere. Will definitely recommend to others!

• Visited August 2014
velolounge, General Manager at Velo Lounge, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Thank you soo much for taking the time to write a review for us on trip advisor. I am so glad that we had such a positive impact. Please pop down again soon and keep us updated on how we are doing. Thanks again.
Staple Hill, United Kingdom
“Same great service as usual”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I'm sitting here again waiting for my Lounge Breakfast to arrive. I know its going to be one of the best breakfasts in Bath as I've tried them all! I particularly look forward to the sausage meat rolled into a ball (not your conventional breakfast sausage). I normally save this until last. If I don't get here early I know that the place starts to fill up really quickly just after 9:00am as it attracts mothers who have just dropped off their little ones at school. It's a great meeting place for mothers and students alike. Moorland Road is lucky to have such a great quirky cafe bar in the vicinity. The staff are always chilled and very helpful. They are not faceless people like you get in many corporate chains. The service hasn't changed for the worst in my opinion even though it seems to have received a spurt of negative press lately. I shall be in again soon I'm sure

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a gleaming review on trip advisor. We really appreciate the compliments and they have been shared with the team. Hopefully you will pop back again soon and you can keep us informed as to how we are doing. Thanks again