“Bunch of rubbish to put it politely”
Review of Club XL

Club XL
Ranked #40 of 46 Nightlife in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: CLubXL is the largest Nightclub in the centre of Bath. The nightclub has a very large dance floor, 4 bars and bookable party booths ideally suited to Hen Night and Stag Night Party Groups looking for a great night out. The club offers a wide range of Nightclub Party Nights ranging from Student Nights on Mondays to our Saturday Night Club Party. As the largest night spot in the city, we specialise in booking visiting Hen Night and Hen Party Groups along with Stag Parties and many other Party Group Bookings. Our drinks are reasonably priced and our DJ's play a great selection of club party music. We are the Largest Hen and Stag Party Venue in the area that specialises in providing a great down to earth Night Club party that is guaranteed to let you have a no holds barred fun night out. We look forward to seeing you for a great night on the town.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Rude, poor service, awful watered down drinks! Don't bother! Full of wasters that don't know what a real night out looks like if it bit them in the backside! Don't get me started in on the bouncers they are more willing to start a fight with you than any of the patrons! I hope you read this management because its disgusting! Smells bad and attracts the worst crowd! Don't think I could give a worse review to be honest!

1  Thank Sshhwwaa
Andy943, Manager at Club XL, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

I am sorry you were not impressed with our club.

We have many thousands of visitors every year and I must say nearly all of them have a good time and the feedback we get is generally excellent. ClubXl is a the Biggest Club in Bath and is designed to be a great party club. The club is not meant to be a sophisticated late night drinking bar, it is meant to be a busy party bar and a club where you can have a good dance and let your hair down. Unfortunately we cannot please all the people all of the time.

We pride ourselves on providing a great party atmosphere, reasonably priced drinks and a good value no frills party night out.

Our "bouncers" are all professional door safe registered members who have an important job In keeping the club safe, they are not meant to be smiling hosts, they are there to keep trouble out of the club for which they do an admirable job.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We visited this club as part of our friends hen party weekend. The staff are so friendly and obliging, nothing was too much trouble for them. We had booked a table as there were 15 of us, and they had decorated it with banners which we thought was a really nice touch. The music was brilliant, and there was a really nice atmosphere all night. The only downside is that the drinks are quite pricey, but apart from that we would definitely return and recommend to anyone looking for a good night out!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

As a very mature student at Bath Spa University I seldom go out on the town with my younger counterparts. This week I made an exception as I visited the ClubXL nightclub with the debating society for a special event advertised as abysmal. The night was indeed enjoyable as I was in good company and yet at the same time I found many flaws in what was sold as a great night out. Ok, yes it is true I am forty years old and in some eyes could be considered as out of touch with what the youth of today should expect from a night out. That, I guess is for you to decide.
My first impression of the club was burnt into my mind as I came into contact with what some would call the door staff or bouncers. Huge, miserable throwbacks in high viz jackets that strongly resemble illustrations of Darwin’s imaginations of the missing link. Their whole demeanour and mannerisms reeked of nothing more than complete contempt for the many students that stood queuing at the entrance. I tried being nice. I even threw a smile in their direction in an attempt to melt the frosty exterior and in return I received nothing more than a dismissive scowl.
We were then told we needed a wrist band to get in. The cost of this was initially six pounds and included three vouchers for a free shot. This at first sounded fair. Alas though we are told upon handing over the cash that the drink vouchers were no longer valid. Yes it is true we could have walked away at this stage to avoid being shafted but we decided to venture on.
Upon entering the club I had high hopes that everything else would be fine as we clambered down the stairs into the dimly lit club. At first everything seemed fine even if the scenery seemed a little dowdy and grey. Unfortunately once my eyes had become accustomed to the low lights I saw how dirty the club actually was. The floor was covered in all sorts of debris and discarded plastic glasses. It was a strange and slightly disconcerting feeling as I noticed the soles of my shoes actually stuck to the floor as I made my way to the bar. This was certainly a sight to behold. Every inch of the bar was covered in assorted liquids. Every surface was sticky to the touch. If this establishment was serving food it would be closed down due to the health risks. I can only hope that the Jack Daniels I was drinking will kill all known germs. If not I could be in for a severe case of dysentery.
It was not only the lack of cleanliness that shocked me. The fact that all the beer on tap was off and the only drinks on offer were bottles or shots was badly behaved. Having run a bar myself in the past I am well aware that the profit margins are much higher on spirits than they are on draught. This was surely another machination to rinse more money from the clientele. The bar staff were indeed delightfully friendly which could be seen as a point in their favour. Yet whenever they were using the little metal 25ml measure they were coming up very short. I had a sudden urge to call trading standards as this is clearly against the law or maybe a letter to the management is in order to enquire why they do not use optics in all their bars.
This brings me to the music. Once again it could be argued due to my age that I am out of touch with the tastes of the younger generation. So, I asked and the general consensus from the students I spoke to is ‘no, its **** this whole place is **** but it’s cheap’.
My answer to this is yes, it is cheap but you deserve more. A lot of effort had gone into the marketing of the event. Yet little to no effort had gone into the event itself. My answer to this is vote with your feet. Don’t let them get sticky on the floors of XL. Instead avoid them, go elsewhere and I promise it will not be long before drastic changes will be made. I suppose at least they got the name right abysmal is definitely a good word to describe Club XL.

4  Thank Sean S
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had VIP tickets to this nightclub as part of a hen weekend package....dear God...where to begin...we arrived just before 11am on Saturday night. First impression was "how can I get out of going in there" . Bouncers looked like grumpy car park attendants. You have to go downstairs as you go in. It smelled awful of urine and bleach. I was holding my nose. Hand was stamped by equally grumpy attendant. We stepped inside and the average age of the clientele was about 14. We lasted approximately one minute. It would have been less but I was rooted to the spot through the trauma of it all. A quick dash through the urine and bleach stinking stairs and I was back to civilisation... Two days later and the ink from the stamp on my hand is fading (after much scrubbing)..the memory will hopefully fade quickly soon...shudder

4  Thank CupcakeW