“Even the celery was amazing”
Review of Allium Restaurant

Allium Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Allium Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 577 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Allium Brasserie opened in 2012 and serves a variety of dishes from light lunches to a la carte dinner from 12 noon until 9pm (10pm on Friday and Saturdays). A superb range of dishes, using the freshest, seasonal ingredients, are created by head chef Chris Staines and his team. Terrace dining can be enjoyed when the weather is good, where you can also enjoy coffees and afternoon teas - also served in the Allium Lounge where you are surrounded by original artworks in an ever-changing exhibition. One the most exciting restaurants in Bath.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Even the celery was amazing”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Having last dined here in the first month after opening, we decided to return here for my birthday meal on Friday night and we were not disappointed. In fact it was even better than I remembered. Each course we ordered was just perfect. From the little morsels of mandarin segments filled with shrimp jam which, by the way, tasted like heavenly mouthfuls of Thailand, to starters (chilli caramel is as good as it sounds) mains and finally desserts. Each dish was full of flavour and made my taste buds very happy little fellas. Lovely ambience and very friendly staff. The only bad thing was that the meal had to end. Will definitely be returning.

1 Thank Karolina K

Bath, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant in Bath”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had a superb evening at Allium Brasserie. The food is second to none in terms of taste, presentation and quality. The waiting staff are professional, knowledgeable and friendly. When my first wine choice wasn't available, the waiter made a suggestion which proved to be superb..and it was cheaper than the wine I'd chose too! Such a great location very close to the Abbey too. This was our second visit and we loved it first time - now it's even better. We live in Bath by the way.

• Visited December 2013
London
“Exceptional quality and service with a competent smile”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We tried this establishment as a pre theatre evening meal venue and firstly were struck by the stylish interior decor and stunning artworks.
I have to say I am normally very wary of restaurants attached to hotels for some reason, but in this case I was very pleasantly surprised.
We were offered a menu of either 2 or 3 courses at very reasonable a fixed price, The service was very attentive, courteous and delivered with a smile.
As for the food, it was beautifully presented and tasted just wonderful.
My compliments to the staff.
We did try the apres ski bar set up for Christmas outside the Hotel - sorry wish we hadn't over priced and no one seemed to know what they were doing..

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank FirmfriendsLondon
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Turbot-(over)charged”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We recently dined at Allium in Bath and were greatly looking forward to it, based on the reviews. However, it was a rather disappointing evening, sadly. We started with cocktails, which were okay, however there was far too much vermouth in my Vesper martini (which seems like a bit of a small niggle really). The starters were good - Serrano croquettas and an excellent scotch egg, but the meal fell down on the main course. I echo a previous diner's review of the turbot dish, which was probably the most disappointing meal I have had for some time, verging on the unpleasant. As the turbot is cooked on the bone, there is really very little fish, and what there was was overcooked and tasteless. The squid ink risotto is overpowering and totally obscures anything else on the plate, sadly. My colleagues all went for the lamb, which was tasty and nicely cooked, but the portion size was extremely small, and there was a bit of a contrasting jumble of flavours going on. We were provided with a dish of butter but no bread, nor were we asked if we wanted any. Some of the service was rather patronising too, I have to say. Overall, I felt Allium was very overpriced for the standard of the food, and I'm afraid I would not be in a rush to revisit.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, well presented and great service”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Abbey Hotel last night and the Allium Brasserie is situated on site. We reserved a table for our Saturday evening meal and thought it was excellent.

The staff were very attentive and made sure they catered for any dietary requirements, as well as being chatty and welcoming.

My Winter Pimms was lovely and my partner's mocktail was very fruity and attractive.

I ordered the pheasant which was beautifully cooked and was accompanied by a tasty cabbage accompaniment, with poached pears, sauce and sausage. My partner's lamb was very tender and came with a lovely mint yoghurt sauce.

Our desserts were also very good and a bit different. We ordered a caramelized banana (with malted milk ice-cream, chocolate crumb and lime jelly) and a chocolate sponge (with coffee sauce and a mousse).

Overall, great quality food with a modern twist.

• Visited November 2013
ryan1489, Manager at Allium Restaurant, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Alice P,

Thank you for taking the time to give this review. I remember you well and am delighted my suggestion of a Winter Pimms was so well received.

It is especialy pleaing to hear guests that enjoyed the whole experience, food, drinks and service. We very much believe that all 3 elements are important for the overall dining experience so its always pleasing to hear when guests enthuse in this way.

Thank you for leaving your views on tripadvisor, recommendations like this really help us extend our reach.

Look forward to seeing you again

Ryan Hanson