“First class.”
Review of Allium Restaurant

Allium Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Allium Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Allium Brasserie opened in 2012 and serves a variety of dishes from light lunches to a la carte dinner from 12 noon until 9pm (10pm on Friday and Saturdays). A superb range of dishes, using the freshest, seasonal ingredients, are created by head chef Chris Staines and his team. Terrace dining can be enjoyed when the weather is good, where you can also enjoy coffees and afternoon teas - also served in the Allium Lounge where you are surrounded by original artworks in an ever-changing exhibition. One the most exciting restaurants in Bath.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked a table and needed to be finished in time to start the bath comedy walk. We mentioned this and they went all out to ensure five of us we served well and done in time. Service was amazing, the waiter clearly loved his job and put a lot of effort in. He was quite young and remembered all the gins they had available and made good recommendations, we were impressed. The food was divine, we especially loved our lemon dessert. It was all fine dining as far as we were concerned and very good value, we certainly didn't feel over charged. Attention to detail of the whole experience was spot on. It was part of the hotel but as accessible as any other restaurant. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were really surprised to be able to get a table at the last minute and were very pleased that we did. The service was top notch with a great attention to detail, without being overbearing and having booked for 6.45 we were able to have the 3 course meal for £21. All 3 courses were of a high standard but the winner had to be the starters which were exceptional. Would recommend the salt baked beetroot and mackerel starters to future visitors.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

What a find, what a meal. Just by Bog Island (that that brings back memories), this nestles in the hotel but is almost a separate feel.
We were made to feel so special, all the staff were attentive and made us feel like the most important guests.
The food was just sublime, like an orchestra of flavours, I only wish I could have ordered the lot.
I have been lucky enough to eat at some of the so called best restuarants but Allium is up there with the best.
Michelin need to send some people because the food deserves a star.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Let's get the reservations out of the way first. The room is uninspired and the loos although clean, feel like they would be more in keeping in a pub, these comments aside I have nothing but compliments for this restaurant.
When it comes down to it, restaurants live and die by the quality of their food and their staff, in both these respects the Allium deserves to be around for many years to come. The front of house staff were attentive, knowledgeable and professional in a nice laid back way. their recommendations were excellent and the service never stuffy, but the real star of this place is the food. Inventive taste combinations which perfectly lent themselves to the lovely summer evening we visited on. The menu has around 8 choices for each course and as there were 9 of us dining, between us we managed to taste most of what was on offer, no one was disappointed and most enthused at the quality of their dishes. From the 1st to the last mouthfuls the flavour combinations both excited and suprised. One last point, there have been comments on tripadvisor suggesting the prices are too expensive. I can only say I disagree, for cooking of this quality the prices are frankly cheap and I only wish I got such value for money every time I ate in a restaurant.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I too went to the reunion and had a great dinner. Someone else had told me this was the best meal in town and Bath now has over 300 restaurants. Would rate this as one of thee best meals I have had. The service and the waitress were both stunning. Great choice Robotpierre!