“Excellent lunch today”

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #83 of 587 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brasserie Blanc is located in the Francis Hotel on the beautiful Queen Square and within walking distance of Bath's shops, restaurants and the world famous Roman Baths & Pump Rooms. On arrival you will be greeted by our friendly, knowledgeable team and the lively ambience is complemented by a menu inspired by the simple, hearty dishes of M. Blanc's childhood. Alongside an appetising a la carte menu and carefully selected wine list it offers an excellent value set menu and on Sundays it serves a classic roast with all the trimmings. Younger diners can choose from a special children's menu or order a half sized portion of many of the a la carte dishes on offer.Whether you are looking for a simple lunch, a romantic dinner or a family celebration it is the perfect choice!
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Thank you to all at Brasserie Blanc, Bath, had a lovely lunch today with my Mum. The staff were friendly and attentive, the atmosphere was very relaxing, and the food was absolutely excellent, and very good value. We had the set lunch, and added a glass of wine. It made our shopping trip to Bath extra special, and I will be looking forward to our next visit. My partner and I have already planned to eat there, when we go to the Theatre Royal next month, for a pre-theatre dinner. Thoroughly recommended.

Blanc B, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Many thanks for the lovely comments that you have written. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed both our food and service and look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Brasserie Blanc

Reviewed March 16, 2013

As residents in Bath, myself, my elderly mother and my grown up children frequently visit Brasserie Blanc and order from the set menu, which is available untill 7pm Monday to Saturday.

To date we have been nothing but thoroughly impressed. The set menu, which changes monthy and has so far has provided enough variety to satisfy us all on each visit is excellent value. I have never been described as a small chap and yet the portions are perfectly adequate fo me. The staff, which have remained the same since I have been going, are friendly, helpful and efficient. The service is swift enough that you could eat two courses within your lunch hour (if that is what is required) but equally relaxed enough that you can spend a couple of hours over the same meal. My only criticism, and its small, is that coffee is £2.50 a cup for an Americano, and whilst it is very delicious it is also very small.

Give it a try, I don't think you will be dissapointed.

P.S. Their Baguette is the nicest I have ever had, I would go just for that!

Many thanks for taking the time to share you recent experience of our Brasserie. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Set Menu and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We came upon this restaurant by chance (it is in fact part of an hotel, with a separate entrance). It's not exactly hidden away; but it's not immediately obvious either.
It was a great find: super food, splendid service and surprisingly good value for money. The lunch-time set menu (which features choices) is particularly to be recommended, Great atmosphere. Highly to be recommended.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

As the title suggests this is a good place for a lunch where quality is not compromised by price. Included is an option to add a glass of very drinkable house wine. It is probably wise to book since on the day we went (a Wednesday) it was pretty busy. The service was friendly and efficient. It is on our list to visit again.

Thank you for the lovely comments, I am very pleased that you enjoyed both the food and service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Brasserie soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

A family birthday party brought us down to Bath and we were quite excited about a meal in a restaurant with the name 'Blanc' in the title! The layout was a little regimented and rather crowded. This created background noise which made conversation at the table a little difficult - perhaps that's more to do with my age!
Service was reasonable but I do wish staff working on a Sunday looked a little more enthusiastic! The food to my mind was a good average but nothing special for the price. I can't really complain, though, because the birthday girl's husband was paying!
It was lovely to meet up with the family again and a pleasant day was enjoyed by us all. But even if I lived near Bath I don't think I'd be using this restaurant too often.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. I will ensure this is passed onto our waiters so that we may raise the current standards as this information is very important.