“Magical”

Thermae Bath Spa
Ranked #1 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Thermae Bath Spa is Britain's only natural thermal Spa and benefits from the warm, mineral-rich waters which the Celts and Romans enjoyed over 2,000 years ago. Located in the heart of the World Heritage city of Bath, Thermae is a remarkable combination of five historic buildings and the contemporary architecture of the New Royal Bath. Highlights include the open-air rooftop pool with wonderful views over the city of Bath, the flowing curves of the Minerva Bath, the multi-sensory Wellness Suite and a choice of over 50 spa treatments and packages.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My second visit, this time we selected the Twilight Package to include three hours at Thermae Bath - main course in the cafe, gown, towel and access to all floors of the spa. Absolutely delightful. Awesome views from the roof pool. If you love to float in warm water, this is the place for you.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,923)
All reviews
in 416 reviews
"warm water"
in 174 reviews

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Visiting this Spa would be really nice to do as a couple. Very relaxing steam rooms. Beautiful view from the rooftop pool. Needs more sitting space/ relaxing space.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Me and my boyfriend came here for my 21st birthday treat, and both loved it. The atmosphere is incredibly relaxing and the staff are polite and helpful. There seemed to be a little confusion of where to ask people to queue at the beginning of the day so we ended up waiting a little while to get in, but this was forgotten by the time we got in. My boyfriend had bought a package including 2 sessions and a lunch which was brilliant, and we ended up staying form 9.30am to 5pm enjoying all the facilities. We started by having a dip in the inside pool which was lovely and warm and made better with floating logs you can use to relax! We then had some time in their Kraxen Stove which was lovely, very hot but incredibly relaxing. We decided to try out the open air pool, even though it was winter, and enjoyed it immensely. The views from there are incredible and the bubbles in the water feel great. We then both went for our second treatment, a facial and a bamboo massage. The facial is very relaxing, although don't expect to keep any of your make up on! My boyfriend also enjoyed the bamboo massage, although was a little taken aback when asked to strip! Lunch was lovely and beautifully presented, with just the right amount of food. We lastly tried the steam rooms and, although too hot for me to stay in for very long, were very well set out and enjoyed by my boyfriend. Overall we had a fantastic day at the spa and would certainly go again.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I booked the Thermae Treat Package for myself and had a facial with a back massage. I'd never had a treatment before so wasn't sure what to expect, for anyone in the same boat I would definitely recommend this package. Sarah S was my therapist and she explained all the treatments and products to me so I was very comfortable. The massage was just amazing and the facial has made my skin look and feel fabulous. It was perfectly relaxing and I will definitely be back!!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My bridesmaids arranged for us to go to the Spa for my hen do last weekend. I have to say the Spa exceeded all expectations (and they were high to begin with!). The staff were nice and attentive and we never felt rushed. We had a private spa pool in a walled courtyard area, just over the road from the main Thermae Spa but still a part of it. We had prosecco in there as well which was a lovely touch. We had it all to ourselves and it had an open roof too - we had clear blue skies and sunshine as well as 10 mins of rain (obviously weather is not a factor they can control!!) but it was amazing sitting there in the middle of Bath in a hot bath with the sunshine one minute and the rain the next. We could have been sat in the middle of Rome. It was such an amazing and special experience. We're already talking about a yearly trip!