“Fab!”

Thermae Bath Spa
Ranked #1 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Thermae Bath Spa is Britain's only natural thermal Spa and benefits from the warm, mineral-rich waters which the Celts and Romans enjoyed over 2,000 years ago. Located in the heart of the World Heritage city of Bath, Thermae is a remarkable combination of five historic buildings and the contemporary architecture of the New Royal Bath. Highlights include the open-air rooftop pool with wonderful views over the city of Bath, the flowing curves of the Minerva Bath, the multi-sensory Wellness Suite and a choice of over 50 spa treatments and packages.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in bath in Feb just after the half term and got straight into the spa - no queues at all. It was around 11.30am ish.
Didn't have any treatments and just paid to use the pool/spa.
We had forgotten our towels but you could hire one for £3 odd. You can also hire slippers but we didn't and went bare foot!
Place was well signposted so we managed to get around well. The outdoor / rooftop pool is a must. Steam rooms awesome!
I was super impressed with the hair dryers in the changing rooms!
Was all very clean and well worth the money.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,923)
All reviews
in 416 reviews
"warm water"
in 174 reviews

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The visit of Thermae Bath Spa just topped our visit to the town. We booked the twilight package for 2 and we didn't regret it. It was definitely worth of £80. We were bit worried that it is going to be too cold to visit the the rooftop pool in cold December weather but it was just fine. The restaurant meal was very tasty and not too heavy to carry on to steam rooms and pool. I took my time in changing room and was around 10 minutes late, but they didn't charge me anything extra.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Money well spent. My partener and I visited last wednesday, its a lovely relaxed environment. We also got food in the cafe, which entitled us to an extra hour in the Spa. This was great as we only spent 30 minutes in the Cafe so got a whole hour free.
Would definietly recommend. A great day out.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Me and my other half visited last friday lunchtime. We really enjoyed it a great place to unwind and spend time together. Lovely and clean and good facilities. We went at lunchtime to avoid the rush, this is definatly recommended as I imagine its a totally different place when its busy. Its expensive for a 2 hour session but its to be expected in such a beautiful city. We had a discount card from our b&b called "big ben" allowed us a free hour each. Great experience

See more reviews
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Spent 7 hours at Thermae Spa by booking their Classic Thermae package, which including 4 hours spa time, Kraxen Stove treatment, 2 course meal in the cafe and 50 minute bamboo massage. Had a wonderfully relaxing time! All the staff were friendly and helpful. Not sure why they only offer 1 towel plus 1 robe for the full day experience, as I'm accustomed to spas that offer unlimited towels. Had to walk around dripping wet to conserve the towel and robe for the massage and shower at the end of the day. If I'd realized this, I'd have brought my own additional towel. Also, would be great if they'd put the toilets and showers on the same floor as the changing area. But, these are relatively minor issues. Overall, I really enjoyed my visit. The Kraxen Stove treatment was totally new to me and I was amazed how much I enjoyed it. Only a 16 minute treatment, but I nearly fell asleep, it felt so good. Massage was wonderful, too! Definitely recommend a lenghty visit to the spa, as both the pools (outdoor top floor and indoor) and the aromatherapy saunas are a delight. Definitely got my money's worth out of the package. Hope to visit again during the summer!