“Perfectly nice place for breakfast.”
Review of Mangia Bene - CLOSED

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a very nice breakfast here on Saturday morning. Tea and coffee was good, as was the ham and eggs. Service was friendly and swift, so we saw no sign of the issues that some previous reviewers have commented on. There's nothing amazing about it, but we certainly enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This little cafe is ALWAYS busy and thats because their food is delicious but the best way to enjoy mangia bene is to buy a selection of their delicatessen offerings for a light Mediterranean lunch at home. Yes, its a little overpriced but thats why you go there as a treat and not every day.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

First visit to this cafe - I live the other side of Bath so don't often venture to the North of Bath! I met a couple of friends there just for a coffee. It has a nice enough atmosphere inside and the coffee was good. However the attitude of the staff was quite incredible! I run a B&B myself and know how important it is to welcome and engage with your customers - especially in Bath where there are hundreds of cafes,restaurants and bars to choose from - some of them excellent many very mediocre. The man who was serving was not exactly rude, but no welcome, did not ask what we wanted , did not offer a small or large cappuccino - we got what we were given, I noticed afterwards we could have had a large coffee which I definitely would have gone for and paid for - obviously they dont want to make extra money!My friend wanted something to eat - she had to ask what there was, the attitude was basically look in the cabinet! no suggestions The girl who was also working there, was also not very welcoming and looked very surly. I found it quite astounding - I can only think that he only wishes to deal with locals who live in this vicinity and does not want outsiders in his cafe (I'm presuming he was the owner!) I would never go back - but I have a feeling he doesn't care and doesn't want people from the other side of Bath, maybe we don't quite speak well enough!!!! Good luck to him - it's a tough market these days and you need to be good to survive in Bath!

2  Thank Ashvilla
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Cafe serves the best breakfasts in Bath, but the food is truly spoilt by the attitude of the owner who at best is 'grumpy'. He is more interested in the nouveau riche locals. We sat down he with no welcome said 'what do you want', we were surprised as there was no menus on the tables! The food was excellent so was the friendliness of the waitress. From conversations with the many people we know in Bath it came as no surprise. It's such a shame as the atmosphere is just as important as the quality of the food. Such a shame as it is a short stroll from where we stay for 3 weeks a year.

1  Thank GaryKay
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The deli & food is lovely but the service from the owner leaves a bitter taste in your mouth he is friendly to people he knows or thinks he should know but if you don't fit in with what he thinks you should be then you are ignored & he makes you feel very small
I keep trying & always feel the same his only saving grace is the lovely young girl who works there who seems to know what he is like & can't be nicer to you

2  Thank Sharonp186370