“Nice hostel”

Ranked #38 of 38 Specialty Lodging in Bath
London, United Kingdom
“Nice hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Perfect location, 2 minuts walk from train station nd close to roman bath and historical center. Nice, big kitchen and best showers I'm see in any hostel in my trip. Clean. really nice and comfort bed.

Room Tip: I stay in 12 people room, is cheap and good
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank karol g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

This place was wonderful! The people there were very friendly and easy going. I had planned on staying for three days but ended up staying a week. They were very flexible about changing dates around. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The room was cold, but when the room was full, it was warmer. There is a massive kitchen, but it closes at 11 and you can't have food in the bedroom. There is a vending machine if you do get the munchies and it's very cheap.

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It was very secure and they will hold your bags for you if you want to check in early or leave late. The place is also very clean. I walked around in white socks and amazingly they didn't get that dirty. The place is very affordable and the location is perfect. They don't have private rooms but they do have mixed dorms.

This place isn't handicap accessible and it doesn't have an elevator. There is a dorm on the main floor but the kitchen is upstairs and the showers are downstairs. That's the only real problem with the building. The views from the dorm were lovely. It felt like something right out of a Jane Austen book.

*Note: The place is very quiet at night. However, you should still bring earplugs because some people snore.

Room Tip: Six bed female dorm was nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Yep2Happy
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. It's a ten second walk to Baths, Abbey etc. and there's a club on the same street that is great for students! Rooms were spacious and clean, beds were comfortable and lockers are provided (BYO padlock). Staff were friendly and helpful, the common room and kitchen are large and clean, all the guests were friendly - it was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank worldwearytraveller1
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I only stayed here out of necessity (I live here in Bath) for one night during mid-September and it was actually the first time I'd ever stayed in a hostel. As such, I didn't have many expectations as this kind of accommodation doesn't have the best reputation but despite being underwhelming it wasn't actually that bad an experience.

The gentleman on check-in was very friendly and explained where everything was very clearly which was good. I also liked that they had a map at reception which I didn't need but would be very useful for people who don't know Bath.

I stayed in the curiously named R.I.P room - a 12 man mixed dorm - and the room itself was actually larger than I expected, and the beds were comfier (I was a student for 3 years so I have my fair share of uncomfortable mattresses!). I didn't use the bathrooms, kitchen or common rooms so I can't comment on those. It was hard to find a spare bed when I came in at 10:30pm and I was surprised to find nearly everybody asleep with the lights out. I think the management should find some way of allocating beds or letting us allocate them ourselves so we don't have have to fumble across a dark room and risk waking up others. The overall decor is very shabby which I feel let the place down and although it seemed clean, it still made my skin crawl. I think a lick of paint and a little general maintenance could fix this. There was also a slightly sweaty, just generally 'lived-in' smell, in the room which I guess can only be expected when there are 11 other people asleep in there.

I slept fairly well, and was only woken once at 11:30pm when someone else came in and couldn't find a spare bed. There was a little noise in the hall as I was trying to sleep which didn't last long, and the location is perfect as it is in the town centre and it is on a quieter street which allowed me to sleep fine with the window open in the summer heat.

Overall, I did manage to sleep in an adaquately comfortable bed with very little noise. I doubt anyone would stay in a hostel expecting luxury, so for the price you pay (£17.00 or so on a Friday night isn't bad), you get exactly what you expect.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back will be quieter, find a bed early on in the day so you know where to sleep
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Malika L
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

The room smelled terribly! A mix of alcohol and sweat that wouldn't go away, no matter how much we opened the windows. Apart from that, it's a simple hostel, very well located, with a nice kitchen. If it wasn't for the room's strong smell, I would totally recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lucianna_furtado
Bridgeport, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great location! Friendly, helpful staff. Rooms were big but messy and the bathrooms were barren and smelly. I only stayed 1 night so maybe other people had different experiences. I probably wouldn't stay again. sorry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights whilst visiting Bath. The staff can be a bit hit and miss with friendliness. The location is perfect. You're a 15 second walk to the center of it all, you couldn't ask for better.
The communal area's were very clean and tidy. The kitchen was very well equiped.
The only negative would be that the bathroom's are a bit gross. 2/5 if rating was required. Couple of times, the loo had run out of paper which was a bit unprofessional. Other than that, really good for the price paid.

Room Tip: The second floor bathroom was disgusting! On the floor with dorm RIP
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo