Bath Backpackers Hostel
$111
$104
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$183
$100
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
$89
$68
$193
$179
Agoda.com
All reviewsexpecting the worstpower socketscentre of townroman bathsbath abbey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2012

It's amazing what a difference different staff make. Last time I stayed here it was full of lovely, knowledgeable and friendly staff. They seem to have all left. During my last stay I watched the staff change the linen in the room, this time they did not. I was feeling unwell and spent most of the morning in the room, and the staff simply pulled the old duvet back up and tucked it in to make it look new, after changing only the bottom fitted sheet. So yes, you were probably all sleeping under a used duvet. Considering this is against someone's skin as they do not offer top sheets, it is unhygienic to not change it and down right lazy.
Bit of a funky smell that wasn't there last time I stayed too. Kitchen and bathrooms not cleaned to the standard they were last time either. Think some retraining of staff is in order here.

Room Tip: There really aren't any "good" rooms, as all suffer from outside and inside noise, and unless you take the room on the same floor as the commonroom, all are a lot of flights of stairs away from the showers.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kinanna_ishtar
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Room review:
it was a terrible stay. blankets smelled awful. Everything was so terrible. In order not to stay in the hostel(avoid staying there for a long period of time), I and my boyfriend went to KFC until 12:00 a.m. and left the hostel at 8:00a.m. in the morning. I cant sleep because I felt itchy.

Staff:
not very friendly

Bathroom review:
The bathroom is dirty and I cant even go to toilet in the morning. I didnt use the toilet at all.

Location: Bath is a small city. It locates 10 minutes away from the city and around 5 minutes away from the train station.

I dont enjoy staying there

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Awful roooms, pungent smell, no hot water, dirtly toilets, old\dirty bed linen, rude staff, soiled carpets and chewing gum stuck to window sill.

I could go on but I'd prefer not to think too much more about my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2012

we had a 10 person mixed dorm. Sheets were definetly not changed. only clean linen was the pillow slip which they gave to you on arrival. room smelled awful. showers only worked if you had two were running at the same time so i went down early and had to run from shower to shower turning them on as the showers automatically turn off after 1 minute. but the showers were clean the toilets were alright as well. for what we got it was not worth the £20 AT ALL. especially as we had the first night in a much nicer hostel in Bath (St. Christophers) which was £7 cheaper and included breakfast. so glad we only had one night there. also-i am convinced the reception guy was not sober. he lead us up to our room in the darkness, stumbled up the stairs multiple times and asked us three times if he'd shown us the showers after he had shown us the showers, he also had no idea how to use the computer and it took ages to check in while he tried to figure it out.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I bookd to stay at this hostel for 3 nights and as soon as I arrived chose to leave early. The staff was not overly helpful and as soon as you walk in there is a bad smell lurking. The bath room and showers smelt unclean and the mattress on the bed was extremely hard! Apart from the fact that everything is within 5 minutes walking distance from here it is
Definetly the worst hostel I've stayed at and i would not recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012