“Excellent Tour”
Review of Mad Max Tours

Mad Max Tours
Ranked #2 of 64 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Mad Max Tours offer small group day tours from Bath to Stonehenge, the Cotswolds, Lacock Village, Avebury Stone Circles, Wells & Glastonbury. Specifically for independent travellers, our personal, informative service operates daily all year with a maximum group size of 16. Explore this beautiful countryside, amazing sites and fascinating history on one of our award winning tours. Our guides are all local, engaging, entertaining and passionate about history. They have extensive knowledge about the area, film locations in the places we visit (these include Harry Potter, Jane Austen , War Horse, Fantastic Beasts and many TV dramas). Pick up and drop off is in Bath city centre, close to the station and hotels/guesthouses. We pride ourselves on our customer service, quality tours and safety record. See our Tripadvisor reviews for confirmation! With almost 30 years of experience we love what we do and would love to share these amazing places with you! Book today.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We read about Mad Max on TripAdvisor and booked a tour to Castle Coombe and Lacock while in Bath. We were reluctant to book a bus tour as we wanted to avoid the big group tour experience. The Mad Max tour is a smaller bus so it is much easier to get on and off and the small group is more intimate. Our guide Chris was great and provided just the right combination of history, interesting facts and humor. I would highly recommend Mad Max and will book again if I ever return to Bath.

1  Thank Spencer F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,400)
All reviews
"full day tour"
in 148 reviews
"lacock and castle combe"
in 136 reviews
in 14 reviews
"english countryside"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We took the Stonehenge, Avebury, Lacock, Castle Combe tour. The tour started promptly. I found that I had forgotten my camera and the guide (John) stopped by my hotel to pick it up. I really want to thank him for that. Without it I would not have had the great pictures of the trip. The weather was great and the guide was very knowledgeable. We covered a lot of ground and the commentary from John was great. There was a festival at Lacock. My wife and kids really enjoyed the festival.

Sarah C, Public Relations Manager at Mad Max Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for such a lovely review, we're glad you enjoyed the festival at Lacock, it happens once a year so people who come on that week are particularly lucky!
Our tour guides will ensure that our guests are always happy and if that means taking a short trip/ stop off to get a camera for those vital snapshot memories, we will always try to do this.
We hope we can welcome you back again another time!
The Mad Max Team

Reviewed September 1, 2013

In bath no public buses run before 10:30 AM on Sundays. And I booked my tour on Sunday and was wating for bus to pickup center. By the time I realised that there are no buses that can take me to pickup point it was too late. I started walking towards city center with very little hope to get on the Mad Max Tour bus. I received a call from Charles (Our Mad Max Coach driver and tour guide) asking me about my situation. I told him that I am running late and would be late by 20-25 minutes. He drove bus to to pick me up. When I had lost all the hope and was thinking that my day is spoiled, he made my day. As a tour guide he was amazing. We went to Stonehenge, Avebury, Lacock and Castle compbe. Apart from these places Charles also gave us few photoshoot points (@WhiteHorse and @Sailsbury Hill). What else I can say, this was best experience I had. Thanks Charles & Thanks Maddy!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

For the second time, I did the Mad Max tour of Stone Henge, Avebury Circle, Lacock and Castle Coombe and it was equally as good as the first time.

These tours are small and very personable. Your tour guide makes you feel special; your experience is important to them. Add to that Maddie's commentary and knowledge of the area, the geology, history etc and it is very informative. Add to that some very interesting snippets and it is just a great experience all round - and very reasonably priced.
Keep up the good work Mad Max Tours.

Hello Christine, thank you for leaving us a review of your second tour trip with Mad Max!
We're so glad you chose to take another tour with us, we feel all of our tour guides add their own experiences and facts to the tours which make them individually very unique. - Choosing the best tour guides who have grown up to love these places is key!
Many thanks again,
Mad Max

See more reviews
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had a month to travel around the UK with some friends. I wanted to see Stonehenge despite the fact that I got a lot of advice to skip it. But, am I glad that I did so with MadMax Tours. (http://www.madmaxtours.co.uk/index.php/tours/stonehenge-full-day-tour)
I really enjoyed the small van that took us to see Stonehenge from Bath where we were able to beat the crowds (especially those coming on big-bus tours from London). We got there at 9:30 am and found the place un-crowded and I actually got to appreciate the enormity of the place (most definitely worth visiting) and its significance in relative peace before the crowds started arriving at 10:30. In addition, the tour took us to see Avebury (another stone circles whose significance was explained to us by our driver/leader), Lacock and Castle Combe (part of the Cotswolds). If you want a great overview of Wiltshire and this part of England in comfort, without the crowds, with individualized attention, without having to drive around yourself, and in a day, then this tour is definitely for our. One of the best parts of the tour was our great great driver/leader, Tim. Do this tour!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!
We think it is essential to point out, as you have said, that we get to Stonehenge before the big tour buses and crowds get there! It really gives you the best photo opportunities and the chance to see the henge with the vast landscape that surrounds it.
We will pass on your lovely comments on our tour guide Tim.
Many Thanks again and hope you join us again one day