“A good operator for its destinations”
Review of Mad Max Tours

Mad Max Tours
Ranked #2 of 58 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: At Mad Max we offer small group tours from Bath, specifically for independent travellers. This is a personal, informative service which runs with a maximum group size of 16 people.Our Full day and half day tours are available throughout the year and cover destinations such as Stonehenge, Lacock Village, Castle Combe, Avebury Stone Circles, as well as seeing the beautiful wiltshire countryside with picturesque thatched cottages and inns.
Charlotte, North Carolina
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A good operator for its destinations”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

If seeing Stonehenge and Lacock Village are what you want to do (Lacock doesn't offer much; Stonehenge is good for families and for some historical experience), then Mad Max provides a good way to meet those objectives. The primary value of Mad Max is to get you to those destinations, but in a comfortable mode of transportation with some additional information. Andy, our Mad Max guide, was very accommodating and pleasant. The company was very good about tracking me down to advise that they needed to cancel a tour, because I was the only one booked on it, and offering alternative tour options.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An Outstanding Day Out”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I spent the weekend in Bath and had the opportunity to enjoy a full-day tour with Mad Max Tours. Our mini-bus was comfortable and we shared our day with holiday makers from Spain, Brazil and Bulgaria. Our tour guide Andy made the whole day informative and very enjoyable. Any visitor to Bath should set aside some time to enjoy a Mad Max Tour. In summary, an excellent experience throughout.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank wellsman_11
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outstanding tour! Our guide Andy was great!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner, a couple of friends and I took the all-day excursion to see Castle Combe, Avebury, Lacock, and Stonehenge. Our tour guide, Andy, was really knowledgeable and interesting, as well as funny and easy-going. The taped messages is a nice touch to the informative nature of the tour.

We also like the idea that it was a minibus and the tour is slow paced. We really had time to enjoy each place we visited. Lunch was made easy as we stopped for 45 min at "The George Inn" in Lacock village, good food and fine ales. It has an open fireplace with dogwheel.

Overall, I felt that I learned a lot more about the history and culture of the places I visited than I would have if I'd gone touring on my own. Highly recommended!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Yazie_Mauro
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Friendly guide”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just took a half day tour with Mad Max to see Stonehenge. After the stones themselves, the highlight for me was the lovely guide. Relaxed, friendly, organised, full of information. He's a winner!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank PiaInUK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wickedly funny and informative”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I took the all-day tour with my family to Stonehenge, Avebury, etc with John as our tour guide. At the beginning there was a little problem with the transport and the tour was delayed for awhile. But it didn't dampen our experience since madmax handled the situation well.

John is one of the funniest guys I've met. I haven't had such a good laugh in awhile. The stories he told us were interesting and informative, and he's quite animated with his gestures (which made it even funnier).

I'd definitely take a tour with Madmax one more time if I come to Bath again.

2 Thank TravellingHT