“Different way to spend an evening in Bath”
Review of Bizarre Bath

Bizarre Bath
Ranked #3 of 58 Tours in Bath
uk
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Different way to spend an evening in Bath”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is not a history lesson about Bath.In fact, it could have taken place anywhere Basically you follow a comic around the cold dark streets of the city for about 90 mins and laugh. It was a testament to the bloke's skill that we all stuck with him on such a cold evening. Very entertaining and worth the £8 per person price, £5 concessions.

Visited March 2013

Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Can't believe these reviews!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I'm surprised by the high ratings for this performance. I agree with others who have given it one star, just not funny, feels like a scam. I do remember the guy telling us to be sure to give it high reviews. I'm always suspicious with any attraction that overwhelmingly gets extra high reviews. I do have a sense of humour as well.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank 1234shelley
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hilarious, very clever and addictive!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Definitely go on this tour if you get the chance when visiting Bath. It is a must do! As a kid I was taken by parents to see the guy who wrote it, Noel Britten perform his street show and I can still remember giggling so hard to the point of being in stitches. He has not changed a bit and is just as funny now as he was back then if not even funnier. I took some friends along to see Bizarre Bath a few summers back and they loved it just as much as I did.

I was so impressed by the walk that I went to see it again, this time taking different friends who were equally as impressed. This time though we had a guide called Dom who was excellent and gave each moment a slant of his own. The magic tricks are amazing and so cleverly executed, leaving you thinking for days afterwards (how did they do that)? My Great Grandfather was a professional magician so my Sister and I were taught how to figure out how most tricks were achieved from a very young age but there are a few (very original and unique to this tour) that still had me baffled the second time around so obviously I was not bored at all.

We were kept on our toes entertainment wise during the whole show but there are plenty of rest stops so the actual walking we didn't seem to notice as it is a laugh a minute, if not per second. Grinning from ear to ear as we were guided around the sites of this beautiful Georgian City being shown stuff that even the locals seemed to miss. There is satire and sardonic wit throughout, also audience interaction but people felt so at ease with it all and a good sport if put on the spot for a moment, having total trust in their host as it is all so professionally done.

Dress for the weather if you go and take as many friends and family as you can. The more the merrier. It is a family show for all ages and is easily the best walk in Bath.

1 Thank McBGowan
Rye, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a hoot!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Been lucky enough to go on this twice now and would recomend it to anyone visiting Bath. An alternative to the usual tours of Bath, clever, entertaining and very funny. I still tell all my friends about it now. For goodness sake take some extra ribs, you will laugh your socks off. I will say to take some comfy shoes, it is a walk not a sit, oh and go to the loo before you start, you don't want to miss anything.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank kentgirl38
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The greatest walk you'll ever take!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

With my gran (88) on my right arm, and my nephew (11) on my left. we started the walk, followed closely behind by my brother (43) and sister (45). the reason i mention the ages is that throughout the performance none of us stopped laughing once or were not amazed by the illusions. Pure hilarity that all ages can enjoy (what a marvelous thing in this day and age)
i think one would have to be a puritan from the 17th century or have had a humour by- pass. to not enjoy this.
5 STARS