“Evening Meal At Pizza Express (Southgate, Bath)”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #335 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Bath (Southgate Centre) offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the desk to confirm our booking, nobody arrived for 10 minutes. When we sat down we waited another 10/15 mins to be asked if want a drink, even order food. We ordered dough balls to share but after 10 mins our Pizzas came out, waitress forgot our dough balls. Pizzas were nice, once finished asked if we wanted dessert, we asked to the menu, 10mins passed then the same waitress asked if we wanted the dessert menu? Yes!. Desserts came reasonably promptly and very nice.

Despite getting a refund on the dough balls I would have to summarise this experience as poor, food good, service poor!

1  Thank Batemjo

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have always enjoyed our experiences at Pizza Express in Barton Street ( near theatre ) so thought we would have lunch at the relatively new Southgate Pizza Express. It was admittedly a busy Saturday lunch time, but they had room. It was very busy,noisy and hectic and you couldn't hear yourselves talking but decided to stick it out perhaps we were expecting too much?! Waited an age for food and then it was not great it all arrived at different times, children's last! The pizzas were merely ok much the same as if you buy the pizza express ones from the supermarket and cook them at home yourself. Nowhere near the fresh tasty versions we had at the other pizza express.the pizza I ordered did not arrive as I had requested and when I raised the point politely was told they could do it again but I would have to wait, I said we had already waited quite a long time already, was told yes sorry but everyone came in at the same time! I decided I was now too hungry to wait and couldn't expect my family to have to stay longer on my behalf. It was Pizza Expresses mistake and I felt they took no responsibility in sorting it out and implementing any customer care. It was not a cheap meal so the experience left a nasty taste our mouths. Will definitely not be returning sadly.

2  Thank lophead
Reviewed February 18, 2014

First visit to pizza express in nearly ten years , and probably the last . Not really sure how a main player on the high street can get away with such shoddy service.
Made a phone call enroute to book a table , but was told not to worry just turn up as it was so quiet , excellent we thought !

We were shown to our table just after 5.30, there were only four other tables in there , At 6pm we were still just sat there and about to give up and go when someone finally came over to take our order. Rather than move the children we decided to stay and order.

Our starters arrived after about ten mins , but no drinks ? we sat there till nearly 6.30 with our dirty starter plates trying to get the attention of the staff in the end I basically had to shout to one staff member to ask what was going on , even the guys in the kitchen were trying to get rest staff attention for us ! , pretty bad when you consider there was only two less floor staff than customers . Someone did come and apologise to say they were short staffed ??? hahahaha maybe they usually have more staff than customers , And brought us our drinks at last. We could see our mains were ready at the kitchen , which they also brought , pizza was cold and soggy by this time , although little point waiting another half hour to tell someone , A table came in next to us and seemed to sit there for an age too , maybe that's just how they roll, My advice AVOID.

1  Thank devilstoy
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We have been to several Pizza Express restaurants around the country. The quality of food is always consistent, and competitively priced. Visited here on Monday evening, Zoe our waitress was lovely, polite and helpful. We used a 40% off voucher so making our evening a very reasonable meal. Thank you.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Lunch here on a busy Friday in December so had to wait for a table which wasn't a problem. We had to wait for drinks order to be taken but food came quickly and was delicious. We then didn't see any waiting staff for ages and as one person has commented could have easily walked out without paying. We were in no hurry so didn't matter but if i had to be back at work I would have been a bit aggrieved.