“Good value, no frills, and very unpretentious”

Holiday Inn Express Bath
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed overnight breaking our journey to Cornwall, and it was exactly what we expected (we have stayed here many times but several year's ago). Efficient service, clean bedroom, fairly basic but acceptable breakfast. Very convenient for walking into Bath city, but if one wants luxury and pampering then go elsewhere. You get what you pay for, and you can't ask for more than that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road end
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you've stayed with us before and have enjoyed your recent stay with us, and as you mentioned we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10 – 15 minutes walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all the main tourist attractions.

Thank you for taking advantage of our popular free express breakfast.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write your review, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sam Stone

Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We would definitely recommend this hotel. It is in a good location only about a 10 minute walk from the city centre. The staff were also all very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was lovely and the beds were comfortable. When we arrived as we had never been to bath before the receptionist gave us lots of useful information.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and as you mentioned we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10 – 15 minutes walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all the main tourist attractions.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff here at The Holiday Inn Express Bath, we all do try our very best to make sure all of our guest's have a great stay with us.

I would like to thank you again for your recent review, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

NIce hotel, nice staff although a bit short in the number clearing the tables at breakfast. It was a continental breakfast but sausage scrambled egg and beans were available but no cold meats only rubber cheese. Bed was great. We booked through a travel agent but were shocked when required to pay £10 night for parking.

Quite central close to many amenities. 5 mins walk from the stop for the open top tour bus.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that you were happy with the hotel.
As our free, hot option breakfast proves to be very popular with our guests, it can get extremely busy at times, our breakfast team work extremely hard and as quickly as possible to replenish and clear the breakfast area for our guests.
We try to provide a wide range of continental food, as well as our three hot options, to suit all of our guests individual requirements.

Unfortunately, everywhere in Bath does charge for car parking, we are one of the cheaper car parks, and guests are able to leave their vehicles in our secure, onsite car park for the charge of £10 a night, which is then valid until 4pm on the day of departure. This enables guests to discover more of the beautiful city of Bath once they have departed the hotel.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Can not really fault this hotel. We stayed here with our friends for Easter weekend in 2 family rooms. Reception staff were great and got us reservations in two lovely restaurants. Only negative was that there wasn't any marmite at breakfast for our Friend.... She's American and just loves her marmite!!!!! Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Easter holidays, all of the staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Bath do try to make sure that all of our guest's enjoy their stay with us, and help with dinner reservations or taxi's to go into the city centre.

As marmite isn’t a very popular request, we don’t provide it in the breakfast area we stock it in the kitchen area, and we do supply it for when any of our guest's ask for this request.

I would like to thank your again for your kind review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed here for one night with a friend. We hadn't pre booked so the price was a little bit dear (paid on arrival), but we expected that. The location was good in proximity to the city centre (went for a night out) and rooms were clean and modern. Helpful staff and a good breakfast buffet in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

As Bath is such a beautful, historic city that attracts a large number of tourists throughout the year, the demand for hotels is extremely high. This effects our rates, which are competitive with other hotels throughout Bath.

I am glad you were happy with the location of the hotel, we are lucky having the city center of Bath and all of the main tourist attractions only an easy 10-15 minute walk away.

I am pleased to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay, we have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the free, hot option breakfast, this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was staying at this hotel on my business trip, and I must say was a pleasant surprise. Usually the budget hotels are very basics, and dilapidated, with poor services. Holiday Inn Express however is offering exactly what they stated. Simple, very functional and clean facilities. They do not have restaurant but breakfast is provided. One day I was too tired to go out for my dinner, so I asked Laura the receptionist, if they have services for home delivery meals to the hotel. She gave a selection of restaurants which are providing this services and offer to make the order on my behalf according to the chosen menu.
Only one disturbing fact, was that one night I wasn't able to sleep too well, due teenagers decided to make form the hotel a giant playground, so slamming doors, screaming and running on the corridor keep me awake. I called the reception whom acted strait away and eventually the disturbance stopped. I was able to sleep 4 hours. If you chose to stay at this hotel, you will not regret. I case of disturbing noises ( I don't think this happen too often) I would advise you to call the reception as soon as misbehaving customers don't let you sleep, because the hotel`s personnel will help you. Very nice, friendly people and helpful employees. I highly recommend this hotel for short staying.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Csilla E

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that the hotel and room met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

I am pleased to hear that Laura was able to help you with dinner in the evening. All of our staff go above and beyond with customer service, taking great pride in doing so, thank you for your kind comments, I will make sure I pass these on to the staff.

I am so sorry to hear that your night was disturbed by noise, I can assure you that this isnt common at the hotel, and I would like to apologize for this, however, I am glad that our night staff managed to rectify this situation as quickly as possible.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a kind review, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Honestly, we had hoped to find a quaint B&B for our visit, but when we got a great offer for rooms at the Holiday Inn Express, we couldn't pass it up. And I'm so glad we didn't! Laura and the rest of the staff were terrific. They made us feel right at home from the moment we walked in. They were extremely helpful and accommodating in helping us find restaurants, arrange tours and call cabs. The location was just an enjoyable short walk - 10 minutes or so - from the city center. The rooms were very clean and well-designed, and the breakfast buffet was impressive. I'd love to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about Laura and the rest of the staff members, they do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

I am so glad to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of the stay, and that you enjoyed our free, hot option breakfast, this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.