Holiday Inn Express Bath
$148
$139
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$112
Dukes Hotel(Bath)
$117
Official Site
1,589 results
All reviewscar parkhi expressgreen park stationcity centresofa bedbuilding workminute walkhome baseper nightbuffet breakfastthe breakfast areareception stafffamily roomone night staymain roadgood nights sleepleave the car
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here during the Bath Christmas Market in December 2013. This is the second time I've stayed and once again they didn't disappoint. Good check in service and hospitality, good sized clean room well stocked breakfast service. Check out was very quick and easy too. Located a walkable distance from the city centre.

I would definitely recommend this establishment for your stay in Bath.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Bath and visiting the Christmas Market.

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the service and hospitality. Our team do work extremely hard, and go above and beyond with their customer service.

I am glad that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay and that you enjoyed the free hot option breakfast.

I would like to thank you again for writing such a kind review, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a gift for my husbands birthday (a night away to enjoy Christmas market.) The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the centre of town but the inner city hotels were well out of our price range so happy to pay a little less and walk a few minutes.
Got parked with no problems and car park charge reasonable. All the staff we spoke to were friendly and professional. The room is basic but was very clean and did what we needed. Free wifi was also a bonus as my 3G was playing up!
Downsides were the heating/ cooling system had a mind of its own and we couldn't figure out how to program it so simply turned it off. We were also woken up by some awful banging at 4 in the morning (sounded like someone dropping bowling balls in the floor of room above.) it only lasted about 10 minutes but still pretty annoying! Breakfast was also a bit of a battle. The selection was fine (we were aware that u only had three hot selections but this suited us fine) and all the items pleasant but it was a bit of a fight to get to anything! Was set out in a line with toaster in middle so people queuing for toast were blocking everything else, simply moving toaster to one end would have solved this! Also the eggs ran out (my partner only wanted scrambled egg in toast) but due to queue for toaster and eggs running out he got nether! We did notice that there were eggs when we left, but staff seemed to be struggling with the higher than usual demand (appreciate it was busy due to Christmas market.)
Overall the stay was acceptable and we got the hotel a bit cheaper than some other people, I wouldn't have been happy if we had paid £160! Would stay here again as well situated but only at the reduced price we paid.

• Stayed: December 2013
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that you chose to stay with us while celebrating a birthday, I hope you both had a lovely time in Bath.

As you mentioned, we are only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath and all of the main tourist attractions.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They do all work extremely hard and go above and beyond with their customer service, taking great pride in doing so.

I am glad that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay. Our housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain a high level of comfort throughout the hotel for our guests.

I am so sorry to hear that your heating system wasn't working while you were staying at the hotel. Our maintance manager does carry out regular checks on these units throughout the hotel, so I do apologise that this wasn't functioning correctly while you were with us.

As our free hot option breakfast is so popular with our guests, it can get very busy in the breakfast area as it is of limited space. Reception staff do try to pre warn our guests upon check in the best times to come down to avoid the breakfast rush. As the Christmas Market is currently on in Bath, the hotel is especially busy, which of course effects the breakfast. Our breakfast team always work extremely hard and as quickly as possible to replenish the breakfast area for our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Hotel was clean! It seemed very new. Breakfast was hot and full of options! Great rate! Friendly staff. They gave us free wifi even though it said on my reservation that we had to pay. We are a family of four and our room was a nice size. We had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jsvatoews

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and the room met your requirements. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard throughout the hotel to maintain a high level of cleanliness and comfort for our guests.

Thank you for taking advantage of our free hot option breakfast. It does prove to be very popular with our guests, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I am glad you found the staff to be friendly, they do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night and for the price of £160 I was unimpressed. The breakfast was scarce and what was there was inedible. The tables and dining area where unsanitary and tables unclean. When I requested that the breakfast be restocked, they said they were understaffed by 2. Really unimpressed considering the price

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PhilAnthonyM
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

As Bath is such a beautiful, historic city which attracts a large number of tourists throughout the year, the demand for hotels is extremely high. This then effects our rates, which are competitive with other hotels throughout Bath.

I am so sorry to hear that the breakfast didnt meet your expectations on this occassion. Unfortunately, it was an extremely busy weekend due to the opening of the Christmas Market, this made the hotel fully booked, and as you mentioned, we were understaffed. However, our breakfast team were working extremely hard to maintain the breakfast area and restock as quickly as possible.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Great hotel - that some how doesn't feel like an Express. there is a good secure car park in-front of the hotel

Reception staff are excellent (recognised me from a previous visit) and breakfast / dinner area is better set-up than most budget hotels

Rooms are to a good standard. Only issue is its a 10-15 min walk into centre of bath

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that the hotel met your needs for the duration of your stay.
As you mentioned, we do have a secure onsite car park. Guests are able to leave their vehicles until 4pm on the day of departure for a small charge of £8 a night.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

I am glad that you were happy with the rooms. Our housekeeping staff work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.