“Very friendly and cheerful staff”

Holiday Inn Express Bath
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I spent three nights here with friends on a college reunion. We were all very comfortable and enjoyed our stay.

We would have liked to sit downstairs in the bar to chat in the evenings, but found the foyer area where the bar was situated a bit uninviting, and we took our drinks to one of our rooms.

Our room was clean and our breakfast fine. However, I personally found the cost of my room on the Saturday night expensive for a budget hotel, and would not have spent this amount had I been on my own.

However, on the whole, I would recommend this hotel, and I did enjoy the proximity to the town centre.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you found the bar area uninviting. We welcome all of our guests to sit in the foyer area to enjoy their drinks and relax, so I am disappointed to hear that you found you couldn't do this.

I am glad you found your room to be clean, our housekeeping team are excellent and work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. This does prove to be very popular with our guests so I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

As Bath is such a popular city that attracts a large number of tourists throughout the year, the demand for hotels is extremely high, our rates reflect this demand and are competitive with other hotels throughout the city of Bath. Also, our rates reflect our occupancy levels, as Saturday is our most popular night, our rates are at the highest on the night unfortunately.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Bath

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Last year six of us stayed in Bristol, with the same chain and chose this hotel because we had been so pleased. We were not disappointed. The staff on reception welcomed us and directed us to our ground floor rooms which were spotless. Clean towels were provided daily and the beds were comfortable with a good layout to the room. We were never disturbed at night, though visitors must have been arriving at all hours.
There was plenty of choice for breakfast and no rush for us to leave. The hotel is conveniently situated with a bus stop opposite.
The hotel had a calm atmosphere and good value for money. We would all recommend it.

Room Tip: Our room faced the graveyard....quiet!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that you weren't disappointed with your stay and that you found the staff to be welcoming. All of our staff do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

I am pleased to hear that you found your rooms to be spotless, we have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a conveniently furnished hotel that we find towards the end of our journey in UK. The wardrobe is opened type but practical,the sink in bathroom is small but pleasant due to mirror effect, the door is well designed....for busy travelers, there are some finger food even instant noodles at the lounge! The breakfast was simple and adequate, the staffs at counter helpful and responsive. After staying in some five stars hotel, this is far better and worth the price. Yes, I would recommend this to others.

1  Thank NBJ123
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am glad to hear that the room met your requirements while you were staying with us.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. I am glad to hear you enjoyed this, and thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They do go above and beyond with their customer service, and take great pride in doing so.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Bath and I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

You know what you are getting and there is no disappointment. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, comfortable and nice with free WiFi. Breakfast is provided and simple but nice. A short 10 minute walk into town to see the sites. Only problem we had was finding hotel as it did not show up on our GPS. Not sure if this is GPS or hotel issue. Free parking also is nice and they allow you to keep car in lot after checking out until 4 PM to walk around town.

Room Tip: Take your pick

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Our staff do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

I am pleased to hear that the room met your requirements while you were staying with us. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary WIFI and our express start buffet breakfast, I am glad you enjoyed this, it does prove to be very popular with our guests.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here with my family for 2 nights in August. The hotel is on a fairly busy road and the immediate neighborhood is not particularly pretty, but in a 5 minute walk you are at the river and in 10-15 minutes you are in the heart of scenic Bath. The walk is easy and we always left our car here to avoid parking and driving issues in central Bath. The parking has an extra charge of 6 pounds, but that it standard for this area. The rooms are small but clean, and we had a bed plus a sleeper sofa so our family of four could fit. Some previous reviewers have complained about the quality of the free breakfast, but our family thought it was great. Only the eggs were not to our liking, but there were a lot of other choices, and the eating area was pleasant. I felt the hotel was good value compared to other choices in Bath, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

As you mentioned, the location of the hotel is on the outskirts of the city centre of Bath, however, it is only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath and all of its beautiful, historic tourist attractions.

I am glad that the room met your requirements while you were staying with us. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. We do try to offer a wide range of both the continental and the cooked option food to suit all of our guests individual requirements, this does prove to be popular with our guests so I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Working in Bath and finally found the hotel, late, after doing the "Hard Yards" down the motorways and trying to drive around Bath (one-way nightmare). Adequate parking, but a tight squeeze. Finally checked in and the night staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating. The room was clean and warm as opposed to boiling hot like some hotels, the bathroom spotless. Too tired to go for food, but takeaways are allowed and delivered and they even order them for you. The authentic takeaway Italian pizza's are fantastic and well worth it. Forgot the phone charger, but a member of staff kindly loaned, their own personal one. A minimum standard cooked breakfast,(no bacon or fried eggs),but plenty of cereals, yoghurt, fruit etc. Ten minute walk to the centre of Bath. Only complaint was the breakfast scrambled eggs. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that the night staff were helpful and accommodating. All of our staff do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

I am pleased that the room was clean and met your requirements. The housekeeping team work extremely hard throughout the hotel to maintain the cleanliness and comfort for our guests.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. Unfortunately, as we are an Express hotel and due to our brand standards we are unable to offer a full cooked breakfast, however, as you mentioned, we do offer the three hot options of Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans, as well as the continental options.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel is located just outside the city center, 15 min walk to many sights but there are also bus stop right in front of hotel. Bus No 5 and 10 bring you to town center and sights. The staff was helpful, the room medium size but clean and functional. Breakfast was simple but adequate. Free WIFI though you have to pay for parking -- 8 GBP a day. The car park is right in front of the hotel and so is very convenient. There are shops and restaurants nearby. If you stay in double room, however, insist on two single beds or otherwise you may end up a Queen-size bed for two. Temperature control in room not very efficient particularly difficult to 'warm up' the room. There are vending machines, cup noodles, biscuits etc on sale, and microwave oven also available.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath and all of its beautiful, historic tourist attractions, as well as having the bus stops directly opposite the hotel to take guests to and from the city centre.

I am so glad that you found the staff to be helpful, they do go above and beyond when providing customer service to our guests, and they take great pride in doing so.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. This does prove to be very popular with our guests.

With regards to our double rooms, they are just standard double beds throughout the hotel, we then have our twin rooms, which have two single beds.

I am sorry you didn't find the temperature control to be very efficient. Our maintenance manager does carry out regular checks on these air conditioning units throughout the hotel to make sure they are functioning correctly, so I am sorry that it wasn't functioning correctly while you were staying with us.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.