“Lovely and clean and very comfortable.”

Holiday Inn Express Bath
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. The standard of cleanliness was excellent, the rooms were very comfortable and having breakfast in the hotel was good - as was the breakfast itself. Would definitely recommend a stay there to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Jools M
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

I am so glad to hear that you were impressed with the hotel and the cleanliness was excellent. We do have a brilliant housekeeping team who work extremely hard to make sure the cleanliness and comfort of the guests rooms meet a high standard.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. We like to offer a wide range of both continental and the hot option food to suit all of our guests individual tastes, so I am pleased to hear you enjoyed it.

I would like to thank you again for writing such a kind review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Lauren Jones

Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel is a 10 min walk to centre, the staff were friendly and helpful giving us directions and recommendations. We had a family room which was very comfortable. Breakfast was nice, the only gripe from my husband was that there was no bacon, but nonetheless it was tasty and hot.would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank traymat

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so glad you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, they do go above and beyond when providing customer service, and they take great pride in doing so.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the family room to be comfortable, we have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to make sure the cleanliness and comfort is maintained to a high standard throughout the hotel and bedrooms.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. Unfortunately, as we are not a full service hotel, and due to our brand standards, we are only able to offer the three hot options of Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans as well as the continental options.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The quality of the beds and pillows are a disgrace. So Soft and this Express is not cheap but given the location they can get away with it. My view is the quality of the breakfasts could also improve given the price point for Express hotels has moved towards the £80-100 mark recently.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am so sorry to hear the comments about the bed and pillows. We do offer a choice of both the firm and the soft pillow in the room as we understand everyone has their individual preference regarding comfort.

As Bath is such a popular city which attracts a lot of tourists throughout the year, the demand for hotels are high and our rates reflect this and are competitive with other hotels throughout Bath.

I am sorry to hear that you think the breakfast could be improved. Our complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast offers a wide range of both the continental and the hot option food, unfortunately, as we are not a full service hotel and due to our brand standards we are unable to offer a full cooked breakfast, but we do try to cater for all of our guests requirements
I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review, it is feedback such as yours, which enables us to see how we are doing and what areas we can improve on in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Hotel close from the city center of Bath thanks to a footway connection crossing the parking of Sainsbury.

Room are comfortable, clean with a sofa and TV, and a bathroom. If you have stayed with Holiday Inn Express, you ll get the same room standard everywhere. So no surprise. Remember, it is a 3 star hotel max, within its category, it is totally fine. There is a parking at the hotel as well

Breakfast is included in the stay, english and continental breakfast available self service. I didn't like the coffee, neither the orange juice, the latter is not fresh and taste like apricot juice. The english breakfast is composed of omelette, beans and sausages, that's it.

The service can be improve. The welcome was quite basic, and to be honest i am still disapointed with the service given that I had much better experience is all other high brand hotels I have stayed in.

Wifi is free but you can only connect 2 devices, otherwise you must pay.

Membership status is not recognized! This is my biggest disapointment! Being platinum member just entitle to either 1 free drink and a snack, or 300 points. It is absolutely ridicoulus! No room upgrade given the room are all standard, no more drink, nor more points! The personnel doesn't seem to care about it either. So, the service is really basic

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and clean. The housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel and take great pride in doing so.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. By providing both the continental food and the three hot options of sausage, scrambled egg and baked beans, we try to cater for all of our guests individual requirements. Unfortunately, as we are not a full service hotel, and due to our brand standards, we are unable to provide a full English breakfast.

I am so sorry to hear that you thought the service you received can be improved. I can assure you that our staff do take great pride in providing excellent customer service to all of our guests, so I apologise that you felt this wasn't the case upon your arrival.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not recognised as a platinum IHG rewards member, recognition of IHG reward members is a brand standard that staff should be following, so I cannot apologise enough for this.

Unfortunately, as we are a Holiday Inn Express hotel, we are unable to offer the room upgrades, as you mentioned all the rooms are standard and the same throughout the hotel. However, IHG reward members can receive either the free drink, snack or points as a thank you for being loyal members with the IHG chain, as well as a complimentary newspaper, a faster check in experience and a later check out.

I would like to take the time to thank you again for writing a review, it is feedback such as yours which enables us to see how we are doing and what areas we can improve on in in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Rooms were small, basic and clean but exactly what was expected from a holiday inn express. Good bathroom with nice shower. Nice varied choice for breakfast. Staff were exceptionally helpful. Location is a little out of the centre, but no real harship to walk into town, Overall good value, friendly hotel in the lovely city of Bath

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am glad that the room met your requirements while you were staying at the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. It does prove to be very popular with our guests and we try to provide a wide selection of both continental and cooked options, to suit all of our guests individual tastes.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the staff to be helpful, they take great pride in providing excellent customer service to our guests.

As you mentioned, the hotel is a 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre, staff are more than happy to provide a map and directions with the easiest and quicket routes to get to and from the hotel by foot. There is also a regular bus service that runs frequently directly across from the hotel which will take guests into the city centre.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed for 1 night with another couple,rooms clean ,spacious and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Was a good location as you could walk to the shopping areas and attractions.we were in a room straight off the lift noise wasn't a factor at all. The breakfast was pretty standard,no fresh fruit. Also we could leave our car in the car park until 4 pm on check out day which was a bonus.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that the room met your requirements and you found it to be clean and comfortable. We are lucky to have an excellent housekeeping team who ensure that a high level of cleanliness and comfort is provided throughout the hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They do go above and beyond when providing customer service and take great pride in doing so, I will definitely pass these kind comments on.

As you mentioned, we are quite lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath and all of its beautiful, historic tourist attractions.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. We do try to provide a wide range of both the continental and the hot options to meet all of our guests requirements.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Worried that our room was opposite the lift and a somewhat smaller double than we have been used to, it's sunny, bright greeting from the afternoon sunshine quickly made us feel welcome. The room was very clean and there was little noise heard from neighbours or from those using the lift. Returning from an evening out we made our way to the bar which was reasonably priced. Breakfast although busy was efficiently staffed. There was a very good selection of hot and cold food. The location was great for sightseeing and shopping and not far from the railway station. I would definitely return here.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I so pleased that you found the room clean. We do have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness throughout the guests bedrooms.

Thank you for making use of the bar while you were staying with us, and taking advantage of the complimentary, continental express start buffet breakfast.

As you mentioned, we are very lucky with the location of the hotel being only a 10-15 minute walk away from all of Baths beautiful, historic attractions.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.