“Nice room, good service, breakfast area tiny”

Holiday Inn Express Bath
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a 2 night stay this week. Our room was fine, very clean and had everything we needed. I would think it had been refurbished fairly recently (room 222).

Parking is an additional £6 per night but we were aware of this when we booked. It's a decent 15 min walk into the centre of Bath but this helped walk off some of the calories from The Mint Room (opposite the hotel - fantastic) and the Roscoff deli cafe (Sicilian coffee fantastic). It's a fairly level walk.

Breakfast on the Friday was chaotic. The food was fine but the serving area is tiny and there were people queueing for 10 mins for food and then having nowhere to sit. The Saturday morning was much more pleasant as the breakfast times were longer and later. You can take breakfast to your room if you prefer.

I would stay there again as the price is very competitive and the rooms were spotless.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us.

Im pleased to hear your kind comments about the room. Housekeeping work extremely hard to maintain the high levels of cleanliness throughout the hotel, so I am sure they will be as pleased as I am to hear that you found the room to be just so.

Im glad you took advantage of our complimentary, continental express start breakfast. We are looking to expand our breakfast area in the near future so there is more room for guests to navigate safely. The hotel was extremely busy due to it being half term, so I would like to thank you for your patience and bearing with us while our breakfast assistants worked hard to replenish the food and clear tables.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Guest Service Assistant

Write a ReviewReviews (1,531)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Staff were very welcoming and helpful and the accommodation clean, safe but very basic. The only faults are we were very dismayed when reception confirmed that blue badge holders were required to pay each day for parking. We challenged this policy and reluctantly agreed to make the payments (because we had no other choice) and was thankful when the receptionist not only apologised for the upset but also took the decison to cancel the charges. The eating area could be better layed out in order to make more space to allow customers to move around whilst balancing food on trays safely. The actual bedrooms could be a little larger in particular the bathroom. For such a well known hotel chain, we were very surprised that the hotel heating system was not in good working condition. However at our request, our room was supplied with alternative heating ie an electric heater! On average a good hotel due to the welcoming, friendly and helpful staff, will only stay there again for only up to 2 nights max.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am extremely happy to hear that you found our staff to be welcoming and helpful.

Our housekeeping team at the hotel work extremely hard to provide a high level of cleanliness for our guests, so I will pass on these kind comments to them as im sure they will be pleased to hear them.

Thank you for your comments regarding the breakfast area; we are continuously monitoring this area to ensure we are using the space available to its full potential.

I am so sorry to hear that the heating system in your room wasn’t working properly at the time of your stay, we have recently had maintenance work carried out on them to ensure they are working correctly. I’m glad that a member of staff did manage to provide you with an alternative heating source.

I would like to thank you again for posting a review, its reviews like yours that allows us to continuously review the level of service we are providing to our guests, and to ensure that we are offering our guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and 14 month old daughter and had a great experience with the staff, accomidations, and breakfast. All around it was another excellent experience with Holiday Inn Express, my personal favorite for European travel, never had a bad experience with them in all my travels.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a kind and positive review.

I am extremely happy to hear that the front desk team provided you with a great experience while you were with us at the Holiday Inn Express Bath, I am sure they will be as happy as I am to hear this.

Our complimentary, continental, express start breakfast is very popular with our guests and our breakfast team work extremely hard to maintain a high level of service, so I am glad you found it to meet your requirements.

I would like to thank you again for taking your time to write such a wonderful review and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect exactly, but couldn't be happier - we're a family of four with 2 children under 10. The room was great ideal for all of us to fit in without feeling cramped or uncomfortable. The staff were very helpful and provided great recommendations for place to eat. Breakfast was very nice also.

1  Thank Gorght

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Bath.

I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with your room.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, I will pass these comments on to them as im sure they will be as pleased as I am, that you found them to be helpful during your stay.

Im glad you took advantage of our complimentary, continental express start breakfast and enjoyed it. We do try to provide something for everyone and it proves very popular.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on a family day trip with our two daughters (ages 10 and 14). The hotel is a short taxi ride from the train station, a bit too far to walk. Bath is a very walkable city for the most part. The hotel room was clean, although we had to wait until 3pm to check in due to Easter holiday bookings. Our main issue was that the sofa pullout bed for our girls was very uncomfortable, hardly a good night's sleep. There was wi-fi for one device. The breakfast was adequate, though mostly carbs and not a lot of fruit. The front desk staff was friendly and allowed us to store our luggage before and after our stay, and called us taxis whenever we needed them. We also enjoyed the Indian restaurant right across the street very much.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you found the room to meet the cleanliness levels you would expect, our housekeeping team work extremely hard to provide a high level of cleanliness throughout the hotel.

Check in is guaranteed from 3pm and as you have mentioned it was the Easter holidays and we were extremely busy over this period, so I would like to thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to hear that you found the sofa bed to be uncomfortable; all of the sofa beds were replaced recently with brand new ones, so I will be looking into why this was of discomfort for you.

We do try to offer our complimentary, continental, express start breakfast to suit all of our guests and it does prove to be popular in the hotel.

I will pass on your kind comments about the staff as im sure they will be as pleased as I am to hear this.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is in a very good location at just a 10 minute walk into the city centre and has a large Sainsburys nearby which did come in handy.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

The room was average - clean but very basic.

I thought the price was quite expensive for the room but the location made up for it.

The breakfast was nice and we had free wifi so that was good.

Carpark is £6 a night.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us in Bath.

I am pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, I will pass on your kind comments as im sure they will be as pleased as I am to hear this.

I am sorry to hear that you found the price expensive, Bath is an extremely popular city for tourists and our prices do reflect the demand and are very competitive.

I am also glad you enjoyed the breakfast, our complimentary, express start breakfast does provide very popular with our guest and we do like to make sure the breakfast has something to offer for everybody.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time out to review your stay with the Holiday Inn Express Bath and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hotel Location was very close to the city center, 10 minutes walk, Bus stop in front of the hotel from Train station, Bus Station. (Bus Number 5 and 10).. We had requested for a quiet room (Room number 244 advise from TripAdvisor).. Very nice comfortable beds, with extra pillows, Tea and Coffee Complementary tray.. Clean Bathroom..One Suggestion a complementary bottle of water would be handy and advisable...you will have to purchase water £1.70 for 500 ml(Bit pricey) from vending machine is by the hobby.. Left luggage facility available,Free WiFi....Decent breakfast...Helpful Staff..In overall we enjoyed our stay..

Room Tip: Quiet Room, Carry/buy bottle of water( Sainsburys across from the hotel)