“Excellent”

Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Bath
London
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I must admit that i do enjoy coming to this hotel. This is my 3rd visit and I would definately recommend it. We come to visit my daughter in University in Bath so it's ideal for what we need. The people are always very friendly and helpful. Since my last visit they now ave free internet which is great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Toptotty78
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Bath. It is always fantastic when we see familiar faces on check in, and I am so pleased that we have been the hotel of your choice during your past 3 visits to Bath.

As you mentioned, we are now offering free WiFi throughout the hotel as opposed to just in the great room, and I am glad to see you are as excited about it as we are.

Thank you again for yet another fantastic review of our hotel, and I hope we will see you again soon.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Aalborg
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A typically Holiday inn Express standard hotel, is where you get what you pay for…I thought. The price range here is pretty wild, even though I was initially told that Bath, is a quite expensive town. The rooms are functional and the lobby area too. As a Platinum member you will get free Wi-Fi. The breakfast is (as normal at HI Ex.?) free and its pretty good, even though the scramble eggs can vary in quality from day to day.
There is a bar in the lobby and no need to inform the prices here :-(. Meals is limited to two different pizzas, which actually is ok for a quick eat, but there is a lot of good restaurants in the area (Sotto Sotto is highly recommended)
The traffic in the morning from the hotel is ridiculous heavy, so count extra time to your destination.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Emma_Fowles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Wandkaer

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us and taking the time out to do so.

I am glad you found our facilities to your satisfaction and in fact Wi-Fi is now complimentary to all our guests as well the continental breakfast.

I am sorry you found us to be slightly higher priced than other Holiday Inn Express hotels but as you mentioned, Bath is a very popular city to visit and our prices do reflex the demand and we are very compeitive within the market place.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards

Emma Fowles
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel so we could go to the Bath Spa and have an evening in town to celebrate my grand daughters 21st Birthday, although we only live 10 miles away it was like being miles away. The staff were friendly and helpful, even to giving us the connecting rooms we had asked for. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jackie H
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate a memorable event such as your granddaughters 21st birthday. I hope you had a lovely evening out in Bath, and enjoyed your time at the wonderfully relaxing Thermae Bath Spa.

I am so pleased to see you found our team members helpful and friendly. We always strive to provide the best service possible to our guests, and I am glad to see we managed to enhance your stay by honouring your request for interconnecting rooms.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us, and I hope you will keep us in mind for any future overnight visits to our beautiful city.

Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Expensive for what it is but then it's Bath room and breakfast was fine i found the customer service very abrupt. I understand it was busy the hotel seemed full of tennis people upon check in I asked to be away from the group as I had a small baby and he said " well I can see what I can do not promise any thing" just the tone I did not like I asked a number of things about the city but again very short abrupt answer so I gave up and we went to our room which was fine although walls are thin. When I went back down stair I spoke ith a young girl who was lovely and helped us with what we needed. Breakfast was extremely busy but the hotel was full we manage to get a seat. Anyone who is visiting Bath a must is Sally Lunns.

Room Tip: Bring your baby own linen
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Damo M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. It is thanks to feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and the service we provide to our guests, thus ensuring we get it right every time.

Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on, regardless of how busy we are, and I am sincerely sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. I hope I can assure you we have taken your comments to heart, and are doing our very best to ensure all guests get the time, attention, and positive attitude they deserve from our team members.

I would like to apologise again that we made you feel less than welcome in our hotel, and I hope you will allow us the opportunity in the future to change your opinion of us.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as it was convenient for attending a family wedding nearby. The hotel is modern and clean and reasonably priced when you consider that breakfast is included in the room rate. Staff are friendly and welcoming and the ample buffet breakfast which included scrambled eggs, sausages and baked beans was very satisfying. We would be happy to stay here again.
The only niggles were the sounds of doors banging in the corridor, which could easily be rectified for very little cost, and shortages of cups, glasses, cutlery etc during the breakfast service.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from stairwells would be quieter. One side of the hotel overlooks a cemetery, the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Bath. We always welcome guest feedback to ensure that we are living up to our guests’ expectations, and are providing the best service we can.

I am pleased to see you managed to take advantage of our complimentary Express Start Breakfast. We have recently re-designed the lay out of the breakfast room, which we feel has made a positive impact, but after reading your comments we will certainly re-evaluate our stock levels to ensure we have plenty of cutlery and crockery available for our guests.

Thank you again for your comments, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay here and obviously I like it. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Made reservations for us at restaurant across the street great, by he way). Rooms are simple but comfortable. Nice breakfast. Parking is great. Definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom R
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bath.

It is always fantastic to read and hear that guests have returned to us after enjoying their previous visit, and I am glad you were equally impressed during your second stay with us. As you mentioned, our reception team members are always more than happy to assist with recommendations or restaurant reservations, and the Mint Room across the street from us is certainly an excellent choice.

Thank you again for your kind review, and I hope we will see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here in early March for a friend's hen weekend. The hotel is exactly what you would expect from a Holiday Inn- basic but comfortable and clean. I found the staff to be very helpful, when the group arrived to drop off luggage before heading to Bath Spa they very kindly called ahead to check how long the queue was. In the evening, they were happy for the group to use the breakfast/bar area to meet for pre-dinner games. Although not right in the centre of town, it was only a 10 minute walk to Bath Spa and a 5 minute/£5 taxi journey to the train station. Breakfast was included, which is rare for a budget hotel, and there was a good selection of continental options as well as some hot options. Our package also included spa entry. Overall I'd say this hotel was good value for money. If you are looking for a comfortable, reasonably priced hotel in Bath I would definitely recommend Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Emma_Fowles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear JanniferC

Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with here at the Holiday Inn Express Bath.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and made the most of our wonderful Spa within the city.

I do try and ensure that all our guests have value for money as room rates do include complimentary express start breakfast with hot options and now free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.

I will pass you positive comments onto my team as they do work very hard and try and ensure all needs of all guests are met no matter what occassion they are visiting Bath for.

Once again many thanks for your comments and we wish to welcome you back to our wonderful city in the not to distant future.

Kind regards