“Good Quality again”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We had another take away from here and it was great. I had one of the Chef's Specials Mild-Medium - Pasanda chicken - In yogurt and fresh cream, mildly spice, with nuts, eggs and almonds which was a lovely thick tasty sauce with lots of chicken. Partner had a lamb Roghon which also had plenty of meat in it. We had a Mixed Vegetable Curry with it which was very tasty and had a good mix of veg including potatoes. We had one portion of rice and one nan. As we were hungry we managed to finish it all. The nan was a little disappointing as was a bit hard but otherwise an excellent meal. From ordering on line to receiving it at the door took 35mins which is brilliant.

4  Thank Rapsolover
There are newer reviews for Mouchuck Indian Restaurant

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The restaurant was empty, not a good sign. But the neighbouring ones were full and I hadn't booked anything.

It came recommended, but I obviously ordered the wrong thing.

I had a Nepalese curry with coriander and chillies which I chose because it sounded a bit different.

It was very different. It was "glow in the dark" green. The chicken was also green. At first I thought they had made a mistake and brought a spinach dish, but there was chicken under there.

The overall taste was of salt. I couldn't taste any herbs or spices which was disappointing.

When the waiter cleared my plate he asked if it was OK. I was non-committal to which he said it is a bit like "Marmite" that one, people either love it or hate it. I asked him if the green colour was natural, at first he didn't seem sure and said it was, then changed his mind and said no it wasn't.

I cannot see any reason to dye a dish any colour, please stop it guys. Use less salt and then maybe if the herbs and spices are fresh you may be on to something.

Not sure I would go back but at least two regulars did turn up who seemed to be very regular by their long chat with the waiter, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

On the plus side the service was good and the nan bread very good, fresh and crisp. The popodums and bits that go with them were also good.

Oh and you need to take your own booze. Not having anything to drink it would have been nice to be offered some water rather than having to ask for it.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I don't know why I ordered an Indian takeaway, knowing you can't get a decent one in Bath. Obviously I went insane for the evening. This is definitely the worst curry I've ever had.

Ordered chicken saag, garlic mushrooms, cucumber raita, Bombay aloo and garlic naan. The chicken was dry and I'm not convinced what was in the curry was actually spinach. Cucumber raita was literally just lumpy natural yogurt with a few bits of cucumber in. The mushrooms were rubbery and foul tasting, the naan was blah and the Bombay aloo average.

Don't waste your time and money ordering a takeaway here.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Having previously eaten here with friends for a birthday celebration and had an enjoyable evening, we felt encouraged to return and get a takeaway. I can only say that we will never return again, and most of our meal found its way into the rubbish bin. The onion bhajis were fried to a crisp. They were so hard that we simply couldn't get our teeth into them, so if they had any flavour it was lost on us. The popadums had a fishy taste and at least one looked like it had been dropped on the floor judging by the dirty scuff marks on one side. Then the main course. We had butter chicken that was lacking in much chicken and any distinctive taste, accompanied by pilau (or pillow) rice which wad undercooked, though extremely colourful. The other main course was the Delhi stir fry, described as chicken marinated with yogurt, cooked with ginger, garlic stir fried with onion pepper and mushrooms. Or from our observation, some unidentifiable meat boiled with mushrooms and onion and served with a tomato slice and a lemon wedge. About as Indian as Peter Sellers. Completely tasteless and inedible. Even the keema nan had a strange flavour. Overall, having looked forward to our Indian takewaway, we felt totally let down. We have never been as disappointed in any meal before. A Saturday evening spoiled. The staff were pleasant, but keep well away.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We popped in here when needing a quick meal while in the area. Delightful service and good overall experience. My chicken pasanda was delicious as was my husband's biryiani. The korma was rather dull. Generous portions. We nipped round the corner to the supermarket for some beer. The BYO element certainly reduces the bill.