“Good old fashion value for money”
Review of The Stag Inn

The Stag Inn
Ranked #167 of 577 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bath, UK
“Good old fashion value for money”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

After several visits have come to rely on this pub serving good food at a reasonable price. The owners are constantly checking to see if everything is okay and the atmosphere is one of friendly yet efficient service

• Visited September 2012

“Good bar meal”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went to the Stag in last night and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We got in from work and couldnt be bothered to cook so went out for dinner. We both had starters which were nice, the service was quick and friendly and the food was lovely. The main courses offered big portions which really filled us up. The food was very nice and we would certainly go back. Only issues really are that it is pretty hard to get parked at the pub during busy times which may put people off and it shuts on a Sunday at 3.30pm.
A very good bar meal. Two cokes, two starters and two mains for £33.

• Visited September 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly Disappointed!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have never written a review before but felt compelled to after our recent lunch here. We have been here many times before and the food and staff have always been fantastic. There is a slightly older woman behind the bar and a young barman who always offer fantastic and friendly service. However after visiting today with a friend we were met with a very confused waitress/barmaid who seemed to get ruder and ruder during our lunchtime. She eventually took our order (I appreciate it was slightly busy) and we chose our table. The food was brought to us and it was of the usual high standard. My sister met us for a drink halfway through the meal and she waited at the bar to no avail, a group of men came in and they were served before her. She then gave up after about 1 ten minute wait at the bar. I decided to go and try instead and after a ten minute wait myself, a gentleman who had just come to the bar was served ahead of me. I was then asked without any eye contact at all what I wanted and after ordering 2 cokes and a diet coke they were shoved on the bar, no apology for the long wait either. I asked which was the diet and she responded very rudely. We then went to pay the bill and we wanted to pay separately, to which this waitress responded with a sigh and a roll of the eyes and asked 'what did you have?' without even looking at me. I had got pretty annoyed with this attitude by now. My sister then asked to pay for her coke and she was met with a similar response and then when my friend came to pay the remainder it was as if it was the end of the world. We all left shocked by her behaviour and to be honest am doubting returning after this, which is a shame as we liked this pub so much before. Maybe this particular member of staff should have a lesson in manners.
I work in hospitality myself and I understand that sometimes it can be frustrating but this is no excuse for being rude.

• Visited June 2012
9 Thank loulou w
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“excellent atmosphere, service and food”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We came here for a family meal and wer very impressed! ,The menu is extensive and very good value! Delicious food, very comfortable seating with plenty of space
Staff were very friendly and knowledgable, great choice of beers and wines
Food was second to none - would highly recommend this to all!

• Visited June 2012
Somerset, United Kingdom
“Just the way a local should be”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Stag is a quintessentially British local pub on the outskirts of Bath, offering a welcoming and cosy atmosphere coupled with first class home-cooked food.

The pub is a long-standing winner with locals and passers-by alike. The owner landlords are extremely friendly and welcoming and always do everything possible to make each visit a lovely experience. Booking tables in advanced is advisable because it can get busy and for good reason!

We love everything about this wonderful place and enjoy its great hospitality regularly with friends and family. For an extra cosy meal, ask for a table in the snug.