“Very rude very arrogant”
Review of Jacob's Coffee House - CLOSED

Jacob's Coffee House
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Speciality coffee and bakery business from Bath and Bristol. Selling speciality grade coffee and an ever changing list of salads and freshly baked tarts made daily.
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I was SO upset today when I visited... Walking into the shop was fine then it all went down hill.
I come from Australia and love good coffee... I might be a bit of a coffee snob, but if your going to pay for a good cup then I want a good cup!
I asked the till girl for a double shot latte in a small cup (I wanted to coffee hit fast) the till girl said "yeah..." But then the RUDE older lady said "... Arrrr.... That's a flat white" her ignorance was so frustrating I said "don't bother" and left!
A flat white is a double shot ristretto - usually that just means less water; a double espresso shot is typically around 60 ml (2 fl oz), while a double ristretto is typically 45 ml (1-1.5 fl oz). So... What I ordered WAS a double shot latte NOT a flat white. ALSO a flat white has very little micro foam (making it a lot wetter) and a latte has almost a centimetre (smooth and velvety)

If you are after a good cup wander over to Colonna and Smalls or up the hill to Jika Jika... If your after a cup of attitude go to Jacobs.

4  Thank Rebecca F

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Perfect location, opposite the Baths. Coffee was great and the cakes to die for. A perfect p,ace to have a break and recharge.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Bang on the roman bath's is one of the uk's best coffee shops, great coffee, great cake, excellent ambience nice staff what's not to like

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very nice place to drink your coffee and eat a great cake. I found it by chance because it was my first time in Bath.i. Had a lemon cake which was perfect and a great cappuccino.maybe the best coffee I have drunk in UK

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We wandered in because the coffee smelt good. We weren't disappointed. In the 7 weeks we have been in the UK, Jacob's Coffee House served us the best espresso and latte we have had.

We sat upstairs on a comfy lounge, used the cafe wifi for a few minutes, and indulged in coffee and cake. Better still, there was a gluten free cake available.