“Christmas in Bath with a great English Breakfast”

The Mad Hatter's Tea Party
Ranked #12 of 39 Coffee & Tea in Bath
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Step into Wonderland and join the Tea Party. Come and join us for breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea in our quirky, friendly tea room. A favourite with visitors to Bath, we pride ourselves on a welcoming atmosphere; delightful homemade food and lovingly handcrafted cakes and scones. We cater for all types of Hatters and welcome everyone who has a love of good food and a bit of a quirky side. Located behind the Abbey, we are away from the bustle of the high street. So come and join the friendly staff for a truly Mad Hatter Tea Party.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Would like to thank Darren at the Mad Hatters Tea Party in Bath for an excellent freshly cooked breakfast with that extra little something called "Humour". Darren greets with a smile and attentive service. His aim is to please and make your experience a memorable one for visitors or locals. Set in a great location, close to the cathedral, river walk and shops. If you love a bit of magic and fantasy look no further, enjoy carrot cake and plenty of hot tea. See you when we next visit our son in Bath. Catherine & Peter from Cornwall.

There are newer reviews for The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Would like to thank Darren for his fantastic perfectly cooked breakfast, his personal attention to detail and friendly kind helpful service made our brunch wonderful. Darren adjusted the menu to suit my friends requirement with out hesitation allowed us to taste new recipe and generally made us feel very welcome, what was wonderful to observe how thoughtful he was to all his customers they were very busy yet quality and kindness was maintained a lovely atmosphere warm and friendly. Thank you

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This quirky tea shop is a real find. My wife and I went for breakfast this morning and we were not disappointed. I recommend the White Rabbit breakfast which is veggie but is so good you wouldn't notice the difference. All cooked to order and all the better for it. The Alice in Wonderland theme works well and adds to the atmosphere. We travel a lot and the food, service and friendly humurous atmosphere here stands out from the rest. An interesting array of teas (including proper chai) backs up the excellent menu. Darren and his team are enthusiastic about what they do and it shows. No hesitation in recommending and would chose to go here again over any of the chains.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Didn't quite live up to the expectation set! Great idea poorly executed. As an avid tea & caker who adores anything mad and hats, the sight of this little cafe was bliss for me.

It's very small inside so I felt cramped as it was busy. The two ladies were semi friendly, but the place was lacking atmosphere. Our tea and cake arrived, but my cup was chipped so I sent it back, it was changed but it was made clear from one lady to the next "the cup is chipped", a new one set down for me, but it clearly was a sticking point for them and I was made to feel uncomfortable.

The tea was lovely, the cake was good but I won't be going back because its too small a place for staff / owners to be having attitude with customers who expect the basics of decent crockery. I'm not being fussy, it costs money to eat out these days and therefore I expect to really enjoy all of my experiences. There are other cafes which take that little bit of extra care so they can have my hard earned cash, and I left feeling disappointed.

1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Spent 3 days in Bath and had breakfast at The Mad Hatter's tea party twice. Excellent breakfast and freshly cooked. Darren the owner was a wonderful host and nothing too much trouble if you wanted to alter your meal. Best (South in Bath, would certainly go back there. They also do afternoon tea which looked lovely.

Veronica & Hilary (South Wales)