“Outstanding”

West of England Falconry
Ranked #3 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Falconry Experiences are by appointment only as we are not open to the public. Please book your experience in advance. Visit our website or phone us for more information. Thank you.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Booked this for my mums birthday and was no doubt the best thing we done the whole time we were in bath.
So glad I booked this everything about the experience was perfect, the weather, the host and of course not forget the bird himself. There is nothing better than meeting someone that loves and cares for animals as much as I do, Jay was a perfect host had slight issue with taxi on the way there so he drove us in to the village to catch the bus which also saved us money.
Would recommend this to anyone and will deffinatley be booking this again just wished I lived closer.
I even think it would be a good idea to create some sort of donation page to ensure places like this stay up and running!!!!!

1  Thank AnnikaNeale14
WoEF2011, Owner at West of England Falconry, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Hi Annika.
It was really nice to meet you and your mom. It's good to find someone so enthusiastic about what we do down here. Sorry about the bad taxi service. Next time, call me and I'll pick you up in the village.
Thanks for giving us an excellent review and helping to keep us at No.1.
Look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

A really enjoyable, educational and personal experience. It was great to do something a bit different, and be out in beautiful countryside with the hawks!

Hi.
I just like to say thanks for taking the time to post a review. And we're glad you had a good time with us.
Hope to see you again.

Thanks

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Thanks to Jay and Charlie for a fantastic time. It was a birthday treat for me and my mate Angela and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Both Charlie and the setting were stunning. I've never been so close to a bird of prey, he even perched on my head and shoulder. Jay was really great and very knowledgable. It's an unforgettable experience I'd recommend to everyone.

Hi Cath.
Thanks for taking time to put a review on here, we appreciate it very much.
It was good to meet you and Angela, and I'm glad you had a good time with me and Charlie on your birthday.

Thanks again

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Really glad we were able to spend time with Jay and Charlie during our 2 day trip to bath. After the short trip to the outskirts of the town centre, we were able to walk through the pretty countryside with Jay while Charlie the Hawk flew above us between the trees. When we reached the more open areas, we were able to see the amazing ability of one of these birds close up, and it was great fun.

Thanks to Jay and Charlie for a very memorable experience!

1  Thank Jessica_Snoops85
WoEF2011, Owner at West of England Falconry, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hi Jessica

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with me and Charlie, we try to please. And thanks for taking time to post a review.
We hope to see you again next time you come our way.

Regards

Reviewed March 9, 2014

It started nicely, as the weather was perfect, sunny and slight winds.

I was very keen on doing it, my girlfriend was a bit worried. We were welcomed by the very friendly Jay, who introduced us to the basic of falconry, and to the naughty Charlie, a beautiful Harris Hawk.
We had a BLAST of an experience, both me, the very keen one, and my girlfriend, who was more worried about it. I can only recommend that to anyone. Jay was the best host, very knowledgeable, and kind. We were worried at some point as nasty buzzard tried to bully Charlie, but in the end we could all get home for a nice cuppa in the garden.

Thanks again to Jay and Charlie, we loved it.

WoEF2011, Owner at West of England Falconry, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Hi Jonas.
Thanks for your kind comments. I was a bit worried for Charlie when those buzzards mobbed him. Thanks for sticking around and helping to get him back.